Hey, you look like you might be our new Retail Sales Manager - Munich (m/w/d)
Sales & Merchant Operations
Are you looking for your next challenge in Sales? Do you want to take your Career to the next level in a globally scaling tech company? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners. We launched in Germany not long ago, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step.
However, food delivery was just the start. We don’t want to just satisfy our customers’ hunger, but to deliver a wide variety of products and expand our platform to some cool retail shops, supermarkets, flowers, toys, and other exciting products, all referred to as Retail.
To achieve this, are assembling a team of motivated sales superheroes who’ll secure the relationships with the retailers that our customers in Munich want to order from. That means your role as the Retail Sales Manager is to be the true ‘hunter’.
You’ll be tasked with building and managing your own pipeline of Retail partners to approach and sign up to Wolt. This requires a good understanding of both the most appropriate retailers across various verticals to prioritize, as well as strong communication and negotiation skills to get your targets through the sales funnel.
As time progresses and more Retail partners are onboarded, the targets and duties of the role may develop. This means that you must thrive in the ‘start-up’ environment where constant change means there’s always lots to get your teeth into!
What you’ll be doing
- Systematically managing the pipeline of new potential partnerships and building relationships with the identified retailers - ensuring to tailor the approach accordingly to best position Wolt as a partner of choice.
- Identifying potential partnerships with retailers that will enhance Wolt’s portfolio, and using the right blend of data and logic to gauge potential retailer performance and unit economics.
- Having a deep understanding of the competition and various verticals in the market (supermarkets, convenience stores, florists, bakeries, etc.)
- Conducting negotiations regarding partnership terms and continuing ownership of the relationship until the retail development team steps in.
- Actively inputting on the local sales strategy that accelerates Wolt’s Retail market entry.
- Ensuring there’s an optimal product selection per Retailer for Wolt’s platform.
What We Offer
- Independent work in a dynamic, international team
- A fast-growing tech company with many career opportunities
- Attractive salary package + eligibility for stock options
- Discount on Wolt orders
- Modern work equipment
- Various soft drinks, coffee, and fruits in the office
- Urban Sports Club membership subsidy
- Weekly all-hands meetings and regular team events
- Option to work remotely
- Flexible working hours policy + 30 days of paid vacation
Our humble expectations
- A natural ‘hunter’ with a hunger to build and create a portfolio from the ground up.
- Demonstrable consultative sales approach - someone that can build relationships and tailor our offering and business model to a specific partner based on various parameters.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical skills - such as translating data into actions, or analyzing sales metrics and producing relevant KPIs.
- Fluent in German (at least C2) and good English.
It’s even a plus if you have…
- Experience within the Retail industry - for example, FMCG or alcohol wholesalers.
- Knowledge of the Retail scene in Munich
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Mark Abarintos, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org