Hey, you look like you might be our new Retail Partnership Manager
Sales & Merchant Operations
Are you an experienced B2B sales professional that’s hungry for your next big challenge? Do you have a strong understanding of retail operations in Austria? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and until recently, we’ve been best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favourite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their food up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
However, food delivery was just the start. Over the last 12 months we’ve expanded rapidly in what we refer to as Retail, working with our partners to deliver everything from groceries to kids’ toys from companies like BILLA, Penny, Tesco, and BIPA.
This success has only been possible thanks to the hard work of our sales team, and we’re now looking to add another strong profile to help continue this growth into 2022. As our new Retail Sales Manager, we’ll expect you to help us close even bigger and better partnerships across the country - you’ll need to hunt down B2B opportunities that offer long-term growth and meet the needs not just of Wolt, but our customers and business partners too!
As time progresses and more Retail partners are onboarded, the targets and duties of the role may develop. This means that you must thrive in the ‘start-up’ environment where constant change means there’s always lots to get your teeth into!
What you’ll be doing
- Systematically managing the pipeline of new potential partnerships and building relationships with the identified retailers - ensuring to tailor the approach accordingly to best position Wolt as a partner of choice.
- Identifying potential partnerships with retailers that will enhance Wolt’s portfolio, and using the right blend of data and logic to gauge potential retailer performance and unit economics.
- Having a deep understanding of the competition and various verticals in the market (supermarkets, convenience stores, florists, bakeries, etc.)
- Conducting negotiations regarding partnership terms and continuing ownership for the relationship until the retail development team steps in.
- Actively inputting on the local sales strategy that accelerates Wolt’s Retail market entry.
- Ensuring there’s an optimal product selection per each Retailer for Wolt’s platform.
Our humble expectations
- Extensive experience within B2B sales - we want you to own the complete sales cycle from start to finish, but what you've sold doesn't matter!
- A natural ‘hunter’ with hunger to build and create a portfolio from the ground up.
- Demonstrable consultative sales approach - someone that can build relationships and tailor our offering and business model to a specific partner based on various parameters.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical skills - such as translating data into actions, or analyzing sales metrics and producing relevant KPIs.
- Fluent in German and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We offer an attractive salary starting at 43.200€ p.a. (40h/week) which is adjusted and increased depending on qualifications and professional experience.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to Caroline Sørensen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page, and submit your application in English!