Are you a senior finance and accounting professional, with a real passion for delivering exceptional service in a collaborative team? Does a Regional Country Controller role in a global tech organization sound like your ideal next opportunity? If so, then please read on
Regional controller at Wolt is responsible for (to mention few) managing and developing a team of senior financial controllers located in countries where Wolt is present, ensuring smooth financial operations in the region, being responsible for possible financial system implementation projects together with other relevant stakeholders.
The role is reporting to Wolt HQ Head of Record to Report.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage all aspects of financial reporting aspects in the region maintaining strong oversight of the financial transactions and the compliance matters in the region
- Ensure IFRS application (where applicable) in the region
- Develop, implement and maintain internal controls together with internal controls team
- Development of local accounting, reporting processes and local internal controls.
- Lead local financial system enhancement projects when applicable
- Oversee the local audit engagements together with the country controllers; statutory audits, tax audits or any related audit that may be required in the country.
- Initiate, participate and implement process improvement initiatives
- Lead and develop a team of professional Country Controllers (approx 6-7 FTE depending on the region)
Our humble expectations
- Extensive experience with local statutory accounting- and tax compliance
- Solid background in relevant bookkeeping or accounting roles and previous experience from a multinational company
- Leadership experience preferred
- Masters degree in accounting or CPA / ACCA
- Experience with IFRS (and / or US GAAP) reporting in a multinational environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills
- Prior experience in NetSuite and / or 1C is an advantage
- Fluent in English & Russian, both spoken and written. Other languages (European, Georgian, Kazakh, Azerbaijani) is a plus
- Location is flexible (Georgia or Azerbaijani)
- Hybrid work possible (flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote work)
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + long term incentive plan available
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Rafael Rosa, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!