Hey, you look like you might be our new Public Policy Manager, Central & Eastern Europe (CEE)
Your mission is to ensure that public policy supports our sustainable growth in the CEE region and that we are a responsible and constructive partner to policymakers. You feel at home at the intersection of law, politics, and business. We truly want you to be an expert but also someone who is curious and eager to learn and grow with us. You will elevate Wolt’s ability to participate in relevant societal and regulatory debates.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Help Wolt to participate in emerging policy debates and regulatory developments around issues such as platform work, e-commerce, platform regulation, competition policy, and sustainability.
- Manage and execute public policy projects and support Wolt’s engagement with CEE policymakers at all levels.
- Enable and coordinate meetings with key stakeholders (external and internal) to reach set PA goals.
- Brief, prep, and advice Wolt leadership on all policy matters in the CEE region.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments and assess their impact on our business.
- Participate in CEE public policy projects and coordinate with other teams. internally (in particular operations, legal, and comms).
- Develop engagement strategies, company positions, materials, and policy proposals.
- Work with relevant external partners (agencies, trade associations, other platform operators, think thanks, etc)
- Cover all legislative, policy, and enforcement initiatives impacting our business.
- Support and drive different initiatives in the comms & PR area when needed, in tight collaboration with the local Communication Manager.
- Proactively and independently assess and decide on any actions that help us to make sure our voice is heard in relevant processes.
Our humble expectations
- Public policy experience in an agency, in-house, or government role.
- Master's degree in law, public policy, political science, or similar.
- Experience in leading engagements in policy processes in the CEE region.
- Ability to efficiently execute public policy projects.
- Brilliant mind with the ability to think strategically and develop creative and constructive policy proposals.
- Understanding the business needs and ability to self-start.
- The analytical mindset to effectively weigh risks and payoffs in a number of scenarios.
- Political and legislative process knowledge and an existing policy network of key stakeholders are preferred.
- Prior exposure to working in international environments.
- Fluent in English and either Polish, Czech, Slovak, or Hungarian.
- Willingness to travel.
What you’ll get by joining us:
- An opportunity to be an integral part of Wolt’s journey in building something exceptional in a rapidly evolving industry.
- A position with lots of room to learn and grow in a globally scaling tech company.
- Working directly at the intersection of policy and tech to shape public policy and regulation impacting the company’s future development.
- An opportunity to create and lead initiatives as part of an international, highly talented and collaborative Public Policy and Government Relations Team.
- Cross-functional collaboration with various teams at Wolt ( Legal, Communications, Operations, Business Development or Product).
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our long term incentive plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 25 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Daria Erofeeva, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!