Are you detail oriented and have great communication skills? Do you love working in a cross-functional environment and solving complex problems? Do you have experience managing BPOs and 3rd parties? If this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Global Merchant Operations team works on a wide array of central merchant development topics to empower our local partners the best, and help our cities become great places to live. In order to do so, we work closely with key functional leaders across dimensions such as product, marketing and operations. Equally importantly, we support our teams in different markets to solve challenges and improve performance to become a world-class merchant organization. Ultimately, we judge our success based on the performance of restaurant and retail partners Woltwide. Our team consists of strategic minds with a strong bias to action. We at Wolt make decisions based on analysis and data, and thus the ability to work with numbers is a part of our DNA.
We are now looking for a Program Manager, Vendor Operations (m/f/d) to play a critical role in developing and leading our vendor program. You’ll lead the daily operations of the team in our vendor network and workflows. You will lead complex and strategically important projects across the merchant organization globally, working with our procurement, strategy & operations and onboarding teams. You will help guide and implement strategies to enhance the overall experience for our merchants while increasing our operational efficiency, work on challenging problems, and you'll set goals to track the success of our team. This role is for someone who loves leading cross-functional and outsourced teams, obsesses about operational excellence, and cares about the merchant journey from end-to-end.
We are looking to add third-party BPOs/ vendors to our services network to help us with our continued scale and growth. You would be the person to lead this project end-to-end including sourcing, negotiation, defining workflows, set up the management framework including quality and performance management, and work closely with the leadership team to optimize merchant experience and ROI. You will report into our Global Head of Merchant Operations, Onboarding in our Global Operations team.
Ideally you already have extensive experience in this area and are eager to make your own mark on a large organization. You would already have a fantastic network of BPOs to work with to provide us with a range of choices and strategic outcomes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead an outstanding merchant onboarding & activations team, ensuring a high-quality activation experience for our merchants.
- Sourcing, negotiating and contracting support vendors/ BPO vendors: Ensure that we find the right partners that optimize merchant experience and deliver ROI.
- Build trust with partners, be an onboarding expert, and a strategic advisor for the Merchant leadership team.
- Lead high priority projects. Be resilient & adaptable in a fast and ever-changing environment.
- Turn merchant data into meaningful product, support, and operational improvements by creating compelling business cases; leverage your excellent stakeholder management skills to get buy-in.
- We want to ensure that we provide both the right answer, but also the right way, which means quick responses, emotional intelligence and a human touch! We must find partners that help us keep this culture and style!
- Developing Wolt’s very own BPO partner governance model: Defining KPIs, engaging internal and third party teams on business reviews, driving continuous improvement, developing a champion/ challenger model, and of course managing cost.
- You will be reporting to the Global Head of Merchant Operations, Onboarding.
Our humble expectations
Our humble expectations
- Extensive experience in vendor operations in a tech/platform ecosystem or global retailer. Startup or scaleup experience is beneficial.
- Experience in leading and performance manage people, directly and indirectly, to a common, shared goal.
- Extensive, top-level experience in BPO relationship management and contract negotiation and administration.
- Expertise in contact center forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning, and working with skill-based contact routing environments.
- You have a customer-first mentality, and are effective at working with people with varying degrees of technical ability.
- Stellar capabilities in strategic thinking and analytical execution. You are able to read data, formulate strategic roadmaps, and you are able to break these down to step-by-step execution.. Previous experience with data analytics platforms such as Looker or data management systems such as SQL is a bonus.
- Excellent people skills. In order to make an impact, you need to be able to communicate effectively with people from a wide range of backgrounds, running from associates to senior management. You easily win people's trust and get them excited about changes our team wants to implement.
- Drive, ownership and independence. Comfortable working both independently as well as managing a group of stakeholders, often in parallel across multiple topics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Eligible to work in the EU, and willingness to (re)locate to one of our business focal points, e.g. Helsinki, or Berlin. Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If this sounds like you, then click below to get the conversation going! :)
Please note that we do not accept applications coming in via email. Please submit your application via our job portal.