Hey, you look like you might be our new Product Lead, Consumer Search
Berlin, Germany or remote
We are looking for a Product Lead to join our Consumer Search team. The search team is responsible for enabling Wolt users to find all that they need, easily.
What does it mean in practice? We are on an exciting journey building the best search experience in the industry that delights our customers. Whether they are looking for pasta (whether from their favorite restaurant or from a grocery store nearby), an ethernet cable for the PS5 they just copped, or the trendiest organic shop in their city, we aim to make it easy to find it and to deliver it promptly to their doorstep. We want to make entire cities discoverable via Wolt’s search experience.
As a Product Lead, you will work with a cross-functional team of incredibly talented engineering, design, product and analytics humans in a high visibility role. You will be responsible for defining the roadmap and setting the vision for your team. This involves leading multiple projects and cross-team product initiatives across the entire product lifecycle, partnering with business and operations stakeholders as well as understanding our end-users better than anyone.
Your home base will be Wolt’s product management team but you will be working on a daily basis with the Consumer Search team but also with the business operations and country team, who are responsible for the global and local businesses. When it comes to career progression, this role has a fairly clear path to a more strategy-focused and leadership-oriented role (e.g. head of product) over time, as one delivers impact. We’ll let you in on a little secret: most of Wolt’s product people leads today have been promoted from within 🥳.
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland, Germany or Sweden.
Our humble expectations
You could come to this role from a multitude of different backgrounds, but ideally, you have
- Plenty of similar experience in product management, especially in the field of data driven products. Experience in search, recommender systems or similar domains is a big plus.
- Expertise in how to work with and coach cross-functional teams including designers, data experts and engineers.
- Experience in developing world-class user experiences, together with solving complex algorithmic problems.
- Desire to be in a high-ownership role. You need to be comfortable with both getting your hands dirty as well as driving cross-team projects outside of your main domain.
- A mixture of data analysis skills, engineering understanding, design sensitivity, and business savviness with the go-getter attitude of a (humble) "could-be start-up CEO".
- Be confident in filling a high-visibility role that requires a strong sense of stakeholder management - the lights are on you.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Elif Dilan Ayaz (email@example.com).