Hey, you look like you might be our new Payroll Specialist
People & Talent
Are you an experienced Payroll Specialist, with experience in outsourced international payrolls, and a good eye for overall payroll development? Do you want to be part of building and scaling our payroll operations in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and over 120 cities across EMEA, servicing 15M registered users - and this is only the beginning. The People team at Wolt currently consists of 100+ HR, Payroll and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv, Tbilisi, Budapest, Zagreb and Tokyo.
We always strive for global scalability, modern processes and automation, and therefore we prioritize systems development in every area of the business. With this attitude, during 2021 the People team has launched platforms like Workday and Shareworks, while simultaneously beginning the roll out of Quinyx and changing our payroll vendor to ADP.
We are going through rapid growth in our global payroll team, and as we launch our new Payroll Talent Hub in Budapest we are looking for a regional Payroll Specialist, with end-to-end understanding of payroll processes and ideally payroll experience from both in-house and outsourced payroll.
This is a truly unique opportunity to be part of a payroll team in one of the fastest growing companies in Europe, having a chance to really contribute to what modern global payroll looks like, with a goal to provide a world class payroll experience to all of our employees.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing international payrolls (receiving, validating and completing payroll related data activities) and collaborating with the outsource payroll provider so that our global team is paid correctly.
- Work closely with our counterparts in the local HR and Finance teams in all project related activities, ensuring that the global design turns into local payroll processes.
- Supporting our HR team in the hands on collection, calculation, and entering of payroll data, where not handled within our system integration.
- Take active part in various payroll projects including payroll vendor change, system integrations, country expansions and automation of various payroll processes.
- Ensuring payroll data integrity across our integrated HR and payroll systems, and identification and fixing of any errors.
- Creating and keeping up to date payroll process documentation.
- Drawing current and future needs of payroll in your regions, transferring the data and ensuring that the new design fulfills all local statutory and legal requirements by being active in our payroll implementation project.
- Payroll query and request management both to employees and Team Leads.
Our humble expectations
- You have a strong understanding of core payroll management and processes.
- Experience and passion towards payroll and payroll-related technology and processes.
- Hands-on experience of payroll process design.
- Previous experience with global payroll and Workday (or other enterprise HR systems) is considered a strong advantage.
- You are a strong communicator, with high working proficiency in English.
- You enjoy taking ownership and solving problems proactively.
- You know how to use excel proficiently.
- You work well in a team, and are completely comfortable collaborating remotely and dynamically using digital tools such as Slack and Zoom.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 23 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Daria Erofeeva, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!