Are you a great people manager with excellent communication skills? Do you have the ability to work analytically and hands-on at the same time in a highly dynamic work environment? If this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
We are growing rapidly and are now looking for an Operations Onboarding Lead to join our team in Oslo.
About the role
So… we have built this rocketship. We call it Wolt. And we’re on a mission to make cities a better place to live with the help of technology. We started in 2014 in Finland and now reach 12M users in 25 countries. We are best known for our food delivery platform but are now on a journey to become an ‘’everything’’ app so you can get almost anything in your city delivered to your doorstep in less than an hour.
We launched in Norway in 2018 and have since grown our national coverage in more than 25 cities in Norway, including Oslo, Trondheim, Bergen, Stavanger, Kristiansand and Tromsø to mention a few - with more cities to come. We constantly seek talents to be a part of our growth journey.
Our operations team oversees the thousands of active courier partners that are out delivering every day for Wolt. As the Operations Team Lead, you will manage the team that recruits, onboard, and engages our couriers. Working together with the central supply team you will make sure we have the right number of new couriers in every city to be able to serve our demand on the platform. You will also be responsible for the courier experience and making sure we have happy courier partners delivering to our customers.
In our Operations team, no day is the same, so you need to be self-motivated, driven to succeed and have excellent interpersonal skills.
What you will be doing
- Lead a team of six people and three functions including onboarding, projects and courier engagement.
- Manage our external vendors for courier gear storage and shipping
- Oversee day-to-day courier onboarding operations to ensure our supply and efficiency KPIs are balanced
- Optimise and further develop a flexible and agile onboarding machine
- Ensure an efficient and timely payment process for couriers
- Oversee and improve the communication flow to couriers, through intercom ticket system, email and newsletters
- Support new city launches with your courier launch lead to ensure we have sufficient supply
- Build positive courier partner experiences through communication and engagement, and by building HSE initiatives and benefits programmes
- Collaborate closely with colleagues, other teams in the country organisation as well as with the teams in HQ
Our humble expectations
- 5+ years total professional experience, preferably in operations/logistics or consulting, 2+ years in a managerial role. If you have worked with funnel management it is a plus.
- Excellent communicator and a big team motivator as you will have daily contact with our courier partners
- You are a problem solver and make data-driven decision-making with an analytical approach
- You are a fast learner and attentive to both small details and the bigger picture
- You’re an expert when it comes to handling and optimizing/automating processes
- Thorough and organized - you accomplish tasks with all ends tied
- You have a can-do attitude and are ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Business, Economics, Supply chain or similar is a plus
- Proficiency in Excel is a must
- Fluent in Norwegian and English in speaking and writing
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an ambitious and fun team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We will review applications on an ongoing basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can contact:
Samantha Schlappinger, Talent Acquisition Partner email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!