We are now looking to strengthen our international legal team with an experienced in-house counsel to provide legal support across commercial and compliance topics in a number of Wolt countries, including countries in Southeast Europe as well as Austria.
In this role, you will be providing proactive legal advice to several of our country teams, with a primary focus on commercial and compliance topics. Depending on your level of expertise and aspirations, you may also be given additional responsibility areas as the team continues to evolve. The regulation concerning our industry is changing rapidly and we need more hands on deck to help us navigate it as we scale. Our ideal candidate is not only an expert in legal topics, but also someone who is curious and eager to learn and wants to be part of creating something new.
You will work closely with our global Legal and Public Policy team members as well as others at Wolt such as regional and country management, commercial, business development, finance and operations teams.
We’re primarily looking for the person to join our team at our offices in Zagreb, however other key Wolt locations in the relevant region are also possible if our dream candidate is based there.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You’ll support Wolt’s business and handle compliance topics over various countries in the relevant region.
- Labor law support to Wolt operations in the countries in the relevant region, and participating in labor law related expertise generally at Wolt.
- You will be the first point of contact and trusted advisor for our business stakeholders and management in the region and countries you are responsible for.
- Assess and manage risks while supporting the business.
- Being in charge of expertise related to the regulatory landscape for Wolt’s operations in defined countries and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Having a key role in contract negotiations with our merchants and other business partners.
- Working on the continuous development of contracting practices and related processes.
- Proactively identifying areas for improvement and finding solutions.
Our humble expectations
- Approximately 5 years of legal experience as an in-house counsel and/or from a law firm in an international setting. In-house experience is considered as an advantage.
- Master of Laws degree from a reputable university in Europe (preferably from Croatia, Serbia or Slovenia). An additional LL.M. degree from the US or another country is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Interest in taking on a generalist legal role with a broad range of tasks.
- Experience in working in close cooperation with internal and external legal teams and ability to work effectively in a fast- paced environment.
- Generalist skills and strong expertise with a solutions-driven can-do attitude are an absolute must.
- Our ideal candidate has a deeper knowledge in several legal fields relevant to our business, e.g. general contract law, e-commerce, consumer protection or competition law. Basic understanding of the employment laws in the region would be an additional asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The type of person who rolls up their sleeves and gets to work.
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership of things you care about, and being part of an ambitious group of professionals, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 25 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Enrica Testa, Senior Talent Acqusition Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application in English through our careers website!