Hey, you look like you might be our new Lead Data Scientist - multiple domains
Analytics & Data Science
We're looking for an awesome someone to join Wolt in this brand new role as a Data Science Lead! We have openings in several teams, such as Wolt Market, Marketing Technology, and Supply & Demand for our locations in Finland, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, or Estonia (your choice). The different teams have their own focus areas:
- Wolt Market - building tooling, e.g. for pricing, forecasting and operations, for managing our own operated grocery stores
- Marketing Technology - building all tooling and solutions needed by Marketing to do user acquisition and run campaigns on existing users. The team works on topics like Media Mix Models, churn prediction, lifetime value models, uplift modeling etc.
- Supply & Demand - forecasting both supply and demand, and automating decisions based on those
This 👆 is where you come in. We're looking for someone to take the helm of the data science team lead role in one of the domains mentioned above. These are cross-functional teams where data scientists work together with engineers, designers, and product and analytics people owning that domain end to end. The engineers and other people have their own leads. Your focus is going to be on the data science side.
You know what it takes to scale data science as a function, take exceptional care of exceptional people, and above all, take our data science to the next level, meaning that you would also work hands-on owning machine learning use cases as part of that team. You'll also be a facilitator and an enabler for the team to do what they do best by making personal development plans, hosting regular 1on1s, and so forth. We’ll be looking for you to facilitate the future of data science at Wolt, whether that’s hiring new team members, leveling up data science across the company, or helping the organization to understand the possibilities of data science and machine learning.
Join us to build that future! 🚀
📍Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland, Germany or Sweden.
Our humble expectations
What we hope from you is that you first and foremost identify yourself as a data science enthusiast. Solving problems and making a business impact via data science is what makes you jump for joy!
- You have previous experience from building data science and machine learning solutions with a measurable impact. You understand how to build data products, and deeply care about the end user experience.
- You also understand what it takes to build production-level ML solutions, and can help the team members with technical challenges.
- We would also like you to have strong experience in leading a technical data science team to make sure we keep on improving our data science best practices at Wolt while taking care of our people.
- You have previous experience from making personal development plans, hosting regular 1on1s, and taking part in the recruitment.
- You have plenty of previous hands-on experience with production-level data science projects (from prototyping to maintaining and improving production-ready solutions)
- Deep understanding and experience with machine learning and a solid understanding of statistics
- You’ll also need to be the representative of your function towards the rest of the organization, so strong communication and presentation skills are needed.
- Lastly, as this is a team effort you have to be a strong cultural leader that cares for the well-being and constant improvement of your team members and represents Wolt values as your daily work.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Marco Ohde.