Hey, you look like you might be our new Junior Group Financial Controller
Helsinki, Finland · Remote
Are you a finance professional with solid experience in group financial controlling in a fast-moving environment? Would you like to be in a key role in shaping how Wolt’s finance processes run? If so, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last years, expanding our operations from the Nordics to cover 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Our Finance team has played a key role in this journey - supporting our global operations from their central Helsinki hub has been no easy feat, but this group of dedicated and motivated professionals have made it seem effortless!
As Wolt continues to expand, so does our team. We’re now looking to bolster our ranks with a highly proficient Group Financial Controller to develop and manage consolidation process, controls and reporting. In this role, you’ll play a key role in developing our payroll accounting and reporting processes with the required SOX level controls. The environment is complex and challenging, but you will enjoy the thrill of nurturing your own thoughts and ideas into reality, while enjoying the support of our experienced professionals across various teams.
What makes the Finance team so special is our ‘service first’ approach to the job - we enjoy creating strong communication loops with the wider business, so that bottlenecks are minimised and that things get done quickly and efficiently. Everybody is accountable for their own workload and takes pride in being meticulous and precise. We also enjoy learning and developing as we go - it’s important that you share this approach! :)
This is an exciting opportunity to develop group accounting and reporting practices in one of Europe's fastest growing tech companies. If you feel like the role matches your experience and you're ready for the next challenge, read on and apply - we're looking forward to meeting you!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsible for monitoring, controlling and ensuring the accuracy of the monthly payroll data
- Develop and implement global payroll control framework and operating procedures
- Manage finance part of the payroll system and process implementation
- Interpreting company policies and government regulations affecting payroll processes
- Ensure all Payroll Audit requirements are followed
- Enhance current processes to develop monthly payroll controls and procedures
- Lead appointed projects or development initiatives in group accounting and reporting
- Prepare and ensure the correctness of Group monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting (IFRS) and contribute to the external reporting processes
- Managing and standardizing group accounting principles and instructions
- Group financial analysis with recommendations
Our humble expectations
Our humble expectations
- 3-6 years experience in financial processing
- Experience in managing finance development projects
- Ability, ambition and motivation to develop processes, policies, ways of working and systems independently in the area of payroll accounting and reporting as well as Group Finance Control
- Comfortable with taking broad professional ownership and having experience to handle the full scope of this role requirements
- IFRS and US GAAP knowledge is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Degree in Finance; accounting
- Prior experience in NetSuite and SAP is a plus
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Must be eligible to work in the E.U
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 23 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Orsi Kocsis, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!