Hey, you look like you might be our new Internal Control Specialist
Are you an experienced finance professional with a solid background in designing and managing internal controls in a complex, fast-moving environment? Does playing a key role in shaping financial processes and key controls in a global tech company sound like your ideal next opportunity? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last years, expanding our operations from the Nordics to cover 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Our Finance team has played a key role in this journey - supporting our global operations from their central Helsinki hub has been no easy feat, but this group of dedicated and motivated professionals have made it seem effortless!
The world of Wolt is however ever-changing. As we continue to scale our operations globally, we are looking to strengthen our ranks with a highly proficient Internal Controls Specialist to help ensure our increased compliance-related objectives are met while entering the next chapter of our growth story.
In this role, you will find yourself hands-on developing and shaping Wolt’s working methods and processes. You will have a unique opportunity to realise your vision of leading internal control practices and to have a meaningful and lasting impact by helping design and set up a world-class internal control framework compliant with the requirements across all group markets, including the U.S. (i.e. SOX)
Sounds simple, right?
While the role is key to enable our continued success, and the challenge great, fear not - as you'll not be alone for the ride. In this role, you will work closely with development-oriented finance- and operations experts as well as highly skilled product engineers to make sure we design our processes in ways that are both efficient and scalable while enabling effective internal controls. The environment is complex and challenging, but you will enjoy the thrill of nurturing your own thoughts and ideas into reality, while enjoying the support of our experienced professionals across various teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop internal control in one of Europe's fastest growing tech companies. If you feel like the role matches your experience and you're ready for the next challenge, read on and apply - we're looking forward to meeting you!
What you’ll be doing
- Evaluating Wolt’s existing practices and providing your input for developing internal control across our key processes and major functions
- Managing and driving internal control development projects on a range of topics – which can be tailored to fit your specific background and areas of expertise
- Supporting our SOX-compliance program by proactively interacting with various business process owners, the broader finance team, engineers, and a wide range of other stakeholders to make sure we are progressing with agreed development actions
- Setting up Wolt for success with our internal control- / compliance-objectives by e.g., helping promote awareness of SOX-compliance requirements, providing the necessary technical support to our various 1st line teams etc.
Our humble expectations
- Solid background in designing and implementing internal controls in a complex multinational environment. Ideally, you’ll have prior experiences from a similar position in a multinational organisation and/or delivering internal control development-, (internal) audit-, SOX compliance/advisory- or similar services to clients with a Big4 professional services firm
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to spot, assess and address various issues and the interdependencies between risk, materiality and controls
- Comfortable with taking on professional ownership of defined areas and delivering concrete and actionable insights
- Experience with project management and coordination activities. You enjoy acting as a focal point in keeping a broad suite of stakeholders up-to-date on statuses, progress, roadblocks etc.
- Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organisation
- Comfortable working fully in English
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership of things you care about, and being part of an ambitious group of professionals, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 23 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Kalle Sundell, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!