Hey, you look like you might be our new HR Operations Specialist - Azerbaijan
People & Talent
Are you an experienced People / HR operations professional in Azerbaijan with a genuine interest in high growth companies? Are you excited at the prospect of building and scaling a local and regional HR function and Talent Development in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to home or to the office. Our local commerce platform makes it easy for customers to order whatever they need on one app, for merchants to make additional sales, and for couriers to make meaningful earnings flexibly. To enable this, Wolt develops a wide range of technologies from local commerce platform to retail software and financial solutions, as well as operates its own grocery stores under the brand Wolt Market. Wolt was founded in 2014 and joined forces with DoorDash in 2022. DoorDash operates in 27 countries today, 23 of which are with the Wolt product and brand.
The People Team at Wolt consists of about 140 HR, Payroll and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Budapest, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv, Tallinn, Athens, Tbilisi, Tokyo and more. We’re a global People function, well-respected by the people and teams that we support and partner with. To reach our next exciting stage growth plans, we are now expanding our People team and looking for an experienced HR professional to help build our HR operation in Azerbaijan and contribute to the HR function across the Region East (Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan).
We’re on an incredible journey right now to rapidly transform our HR service and scale our team even further in the region and globally. That makes now the very best time to join our HR Team! So, come and play your part in the HR success story at Wolt!
As our HR Operations Specialist, you will have holistic ownership of our entire employee lifecycle at our Azerbaijan offices. Your central focus will be to quickly audit and build on the core HR foundations that are already in place and take our HR service delivery to the next level. You’ll do that both for our core business and our newly-launched vertical, Wolt Market.
- Full employee lifecycle support, from onboarding to offboarding and everything in between.
- Supporting our managers and team mates in the country with all of their HR and people-related enquiries, policies, time-offs, benefits, compensation and other questions.
- HR system updates (we use Workday), and associated employee data quality management.
- Maintaining employee and payroll data and ensuring that accurate monthly payroll input data is produced on time.
- Supporting in the writing and maintenance of people policies, manager guides and training sessions for team leads.
- Drafting and advising on local benefits, HR legal and compensation related matters
- Working closely with our local partners, e.g. payroll and legal, to ensure that HR operations in your functions are running smoothly and compliantly.
- Driving a positive employee relations culture
- Supporting and developing any other HR processes and practices in the East Region in close partnership with the Regional People Partner for the East Region.
- Ensuring general HR compliance and managing employee relations cases.
Our humble expectations
- A solid generalist/HR Operations background ideally in a multi-country, global environment.
- Good working knowledge of the Azerbaijani legal landscape and statutory requirements when it comes to employment legislation.
- You have previously worked closely with Workday (or other HR systems), people policies (creation and maintenance) and compensation and benefits related topics.
- You have hands-on experience with the payroll cycle.
- You have a strong understanding of all the core HR processes, with a view of what works and what doesn’t.
- We’re a tech company: passion and skill for tech and data is a must!
- You enjoy taking ownership and solving problems proactively.
- Strong communication skills, with full working fluency in English. Similar knowledge of Russian language is considered an advantage.
- A problem-solving and can-do attitude combined with networking skills, assertiveness and the willingness to take initiative.
- You work well in a team, and are completely comfortable collaborating remotely and dynamically using digital tools such as Slack and Zoom.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website.
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Lukáš Takáč, Talent Acquisition Parner - email@example.com