Head of Strategy & Operations is responsible for developing and executing Wolt's strategic plans for Japan. This includes conducting market research, analyzing data, and developing insights that inform our product roadmap, marketing campaigns, and other initiatives. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical and strategic thinker with a strong understanding of the Japanese market. You are also a creative problem solver with a proven track record of delivering results. This role is a critical part of the Japan Leadership team and directly reports to the Country Manager. You will work with sales, operations, marketing, product, engineering, and other teams to make your vision a reality.
- Develop the go-to-market strategy and plans for Japan and execute to achieve north star goals.
- Build and lead 0 to 1 opportunities. Create the roadmap for new products and services, determining how to invest our resources to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborate closely with both local and global Japan teams and support them with opportunity identification, data analysis, and market growth.
- Partner with finance and strategy planning teams to set the right goals and KPIs for quarterly goals and key initiatives. Track and measure the performance of our strategies and make adjustments as needed.
- Manage a strong team. Hire and retain top talent, and built team culture.
Our humble expectations
- You have 10+ years of experience in a role in strategy and operations, general management, business operations, or management consulting.
- You are strategic and driven with a passion for the local delivery economy and an understanding of the competitive landscape.
- You have a talent for summarizing complex problems, and can translate high-level goals into actionable plans.
- You have people management experience, and will enjoy developing a team of operators.
- You don’t need a guide. You dive into difficult problems and come up with a plan.
- You have an excellent storyteller both in English and Japanese (nice to have) backed by data visualization and presentation skills. SQL and advanced analytics is a plus.
- Creative and entrepreneurial - you enjoy tackling unsolved problems and finding creative solutions with limited resources.
- Thinker and Executor - you enjoy deeply thinking about various options and solutions and balance that with quick decision making to ensure speedy execution.
- Collaborative - you enjoy working with a team, and both learning from & teaching others.
- Detailed-oriented - you love to manage highly cross-functional, complex projects without making mistakes or missing deadlines, and you build teams that analyze results at the most granular level.
- Highly quantitative and analytical - you get excited when insights jump out of the data.
- Strategic and business-minded - you find trends in your data and look for the “so what”.
- Fun - you enjoy what you do and energize teams around you.
- Competitive salary and benefits package. In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
- Opportunity to work at a fast-growing tech company.
- Chance to make a real impact on the Japanese market.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.