Are you a sales professional with solid experience in managing a sales pipeline as well as managing and developing teams? Do you have an analytical and entrepreneurial mindset and want to be the key player in influencing how Wolt grows its merchant (both restaurant and retail) portfolio in Hungary? If so, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. In 2017, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re a team of 8000+ people in 25 countries and over 500+ cities, servicing over 29M registered users and have 50+ Wolt Market stores across our Wolt markets. As the platform economy is changing the ways consumers connect with restaurants and retailers, we are seeing a huge opportunity to be the industry leader with the amazing teams we have built globally. We launched in Hungary in 2018 and have now grown to over 40 cities. We are growing rapidly and are now looking for a Head of Restaurant & Retail Partnerships to join our team in Budapest!
For Wolt, everything starts with merchants. If there are no merchants (let it be restaurant or retail), there are no customers and if there are no customers, there are no couriers. Thus, merchant operations are a crucial part of Wolt’s success in every city and country. Our merchant operations are split into three sections; acquisition, onboarding and support.
We're now looking for our next Head of Restaurant & Retail Partnerships to lead our Merchant team of 50+ colleagues to ensure we have the best restaurant and retail partners on our platform and to launch and successfully manage merchants of all sizes. Reporting to the General Manager you'll be leading the Sales, Onboarding and Account Management teams to shape the strategy for how we acquire, onboard and develop Wolt's restaurant partnership portfolio.
What you'll be doing
- Defining and implementing the sales strategy for the market to ensure we have the best portfolios.
- Building, improving and managing end to end sales processes (e.g. from lead generation to post-sales development).
- Taking ownership of growing Wolt’s Restaurants and Retail business and shaping the strategy on how we acquire, onboard and develop our partnership portfolio.
- Proactively managing and supporting our existing portfolio of over 4.000 partners.
- Evaluating the market potential - such as commission levels, mapping potential new areas, identifying gaps in the venue portfolio, and developing plans to achieve targets.
- Making sound business decisions by supporting intuition with data.
- Continuously training and developing the whole Merchant team.
- Setting KPIs for the local Merchant Team, managing sales performance and providing performance feedback.
- Creating a positive work environment that enables the team to develop.
Our humble expectations
- Demonstrable experience of being successful within a sales position.
- Solid account management experience from a high-paced environment.
- Strong leadership skills and positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- High ownership and ambition to go beyond the obvious.
- Proven experience in managing large teams with multiple sub-teams.
- A real foodie with good knowledge of the local restaurant scene.
- Experience from within the hospitality industry and / or big retailers is a plus.
- Fluent in Hungarian and English.
If you are service minded, like taking ownership, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do rather than wait to be told – then apply today.
What We Offer
- Independent work in a dynamic, international team
- Private health insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discount on Wolt orders
- Central-Budapest office, modern work equipment
If you have any further questions about the position before applying, you can turn to:
Zsófia Szentes, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. Please submit your application through our careers website!