Join us in building the most efficient logistics platform in the industry! Increasing logistics efficiency is one of Wolt’s strategic focus areas. It enables us to continue capital-efficient hypergrowth and provide a world-class customer and partner experience. We have been able to significantly improve both delivery efficiency and quality over the years, at the same time expanding our footprint to now 25 markets under the Wolt brand. Yet, we are just getting started. We are now looking for a Head of Logistics development to take our efficiency and quality to the next level and unlock growth through developing logistics services that will power new top-line opportunities.
In this high-impact role, you will partner closely with Logistics Product leads in designing an optimal delivery logistics network for Wolt, improving efficiency while obsessing over customer experience. You will work on improving our delivery promise, estimate accuracy, and delivery task allocation, as well as removing inefficiencies in the delivery journey. Together with our country operations teams, you will ensure our cities, fleets, and delivery areas are set up optimally to maximize growth, quality, and efficiency. In addition to optimizing for success today, you paint the vision for Wolt logistics for the years to come, developing our logistics services to support new business lines (e.g. Wolt Drive, Parcel delivery, Last mile enablement) and drive new user growth & order volumes.
Success in this role requires strong conceptual thinking and analytical problem-solving capabilities. An ideal candidate understands highly complex and interdependent topics quickly, and can effectively simplify and communicate takeaways and recommendations. Ability to think big and always the next steps ahead, combined with skills and readiness to dig deep into the intricacies of our logistics systems is a must-have. On top of being able to form and articulate a compelling vision, the role also requires strong program management and communication skills, to ensure effective involvement and rollouts across the 25 countries we operate.
You will report to our Head of Global Delivery Operations. The preferred location is in Helsinki, Finland, or Berlin, Germany.
What You'll Be Doing
Accountable for improving logistics efficiency globally while obsessing over Wolt-grade customer and courier experience.
- Act as the main counterpart for Logistics Product team and define the path forward in improving e.g. estimate accuracy, task allocation, map accuracy, and more
- Be the subject matter expert in optimizer allocation configurations, running frequent experiments to generate validated learnings to be utilized across our markets
- Unlock new growth and efficiency opportunities through new logistics initiatives, such as alternative vehicle types, parcel deliveries and hyper-bundling
- Continuously identify, test, and iterate on new opportunities to improve delivery efficiency
- Achieve all this through close collaboration with country operations teams, Product teams and other central stakeholders
You will report to the Head of Global Delivery operations. For internal candidates, location is flexible.
Our humble expectations
We are looking for someone with:
- Senior presence and +5 of years experience working in operations or strategic business development in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to jump between details and the big picture with ease as you develop new efficiency opportunities and understand the complexities and interdependencies of our logistics system
- Stellar capabilities in strategic and analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Hands-on data skills. At Wolt Looker and Google sheets are essential and SQL preferred
- Master degree in a relevant field (business, engineering, or related)
- Excellent stakeholder management and communications skills and ability to work in cross-functional setting
- Attitude for action and ownership beyond the obvious. You are constantly looking for opportunities to improve and have the determination to drive change
- A true culture champion - someone that leads by example with collaboration, teamwork, data-driven decision making and best-idea-wins attitude. We also value humility and politeness at all times!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + long term incentive plan available
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Roman Jagela, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!