Have you built Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing teams in a global, scale-up and large company environment? Do you have a passion for building authentic, world-class brands and recruitment marketing strategies optimized for attracting world class talent, while driving efficiency and conversion? If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat.
We started small, with a handful of employees in Finland, and over the past nine years Wolt has grown into a global technology company. Today we operate in over 500 cities across 25 countries and we continue to grow rapidly.
The Head of Employer Branding will support us through our next chapter, building an innovative and specialist team that helps us become less reactive, more proactive and long-term in our strategic approach to establishing the perception that Wolt is an amazing place to work.
A sneak peek into Talent Marketing and Employer Branding at Wolt
At Wolt, we like to do common things uncommonly well. That’s why we’re dedicated to our journey of building an authentic, world-class employer brand that resonates with the most talented people out there. Over the past few years our Talent Marketing and Employer Branding team has built up the foundations of our employer brand and recruitment marketing efforts, supporting our hyper-growth to over 9000 people. We are a team of only 3 full time members right now, but our plan is to further evolve our processes, strategy and org design so that we can better serve all areas of Wolt - our Product+ (Tech) teams, our Country Operations Marketplaces and our HQ/Central functions - by way of employer brand positioning.
This role can be a great next step for someone who’s a seasoned leader, having operated at Senior Management/Director level, looking for their next big challenge. It’s an exciting time to jump on board.. this might be the ride of your life!
What you'll be doing:
- Support Wolt’s hyper-growth in a fast-paced environment - You’ll help us navigate and prioritize the right things to do, processes to adopt and tools to use. This will best serve us in the ever-changing scaleup environment. Whether helping us attract mass-audiences for our thousands of high-volume grocery and support associate shift-worker roles, figuring out how to tap into top-talented sales pools or applying a high-touch, carefully targeted approach for attracting the very best engineers, data scientists and more…There will be huge variety in this role, by way of exposure to large, complex stakeholder groups, each with unique talent attraction opportunities.
- Help shape Wolt’s reputation as a top tech employer - You’ll help us build and develop our EVP, messaging and brand strategy so that we can build our position as the employer of choice for top talent around the world.
- You’ll help us with ‘brilliant basics’ - Build the right automation and tooling for less arduous/more streamlined, lower-cost and more programmatic job advertising; help us get more out of our company career site; figure out how we improve our social media presence, guide us on how to elevate awareness of Wolt in markets where we’re not well-known; evaluate and evolve our online & offline events strategy….and more.
- You’ll lead us towards efficient, results-driven marketing practices: You’ll help us to build efficient processes and a solid service model for how we run recruitment marketing campaigns at scale, helping us to build a strong pipeline of candidates through optimized recruitment marketing efforts.
- Help us nail how to think locally/act globally and vice versa. With fast-growth and varying needs from teams across 25 countries, you’ll bring in your expertise to help us navigate what things we should standardize and what things need a unique approach, based on local talent audiences, ways of working and cultural nuance.
- Lead and grow our small but mighty Talent Marketing and Employer Branding team. You’ll be in org design and recruiting mode from day 1. You will design Wolts EB team 2.0, future-proofed for continued scalability. You’ll be designing the operating model, setting the vision and building OKRs with and for the team to ensure we focus on the right things, at the right time. Besides leadership efforts, you’ll also be hands-on with projects yourself.
- You’ll help us empower Wolt folks to be our ambassadors - You’ll help us innovate ways to drive ambassadorship globally via frameworks, toolkits and guidelines that excite our people, but ensure our brand is represented in the right way. The EB team cannot do it all and will not have the luxury of endless resources, as we continue to operate lean - so you’ll figure out how to get more done through crowd-sourcing an army of volunteers from across the company and equipping them to DIY, using your professionally provided messaging, collateral and approved channels.
Our humble expectations
- You have experience of building and leading global employer brand & recruitment marketing teams in a fast-paced scale-up or large company environment.
- You love data and enjoy building processes, brand efforts and marketing campaigns that are optimized for the best ROI to support hiring efficiently.
- You have lots of experience in leading strategy and creative direction, but also aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get your hands into driving projects.
- You’re a growing thought leader, takings others on-board on your ideas and influencing/storytelling the impact of you & your team’s work to various functions across the business.
- You’re passionate about building new, innovative strategies and tactics to build employer brand and recruitment marketing efforts .
- You enjoy being a true partner to the Wolt leadership team and partner teams such as PR/Comms, Sustainability, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion teams...always striving to understand their goals and bring these to life for external and internal talent audiences.
- You will understand the work of talent acquisition teams and be a close partner to TA leads/Heads of TA, listening to their attraction challenges and supporting with custom-built solutions, continually stretching the boundaries with out-of-the-box ideas that help them recruit more efficiently.
- You thrive while out in front of stakeholders, understanding their business goals, vs taking a back-office support role. You build impactful strategies that solve their pain points.
- You have experience of overseeing online and offline recruitment marketing campaigns and strategy, building out a compelling EVP and other key parts of building the ropes of a well-functioning employer branding function.
- You have experience of finding the right external vendors/ creative agencies, negotiating fair deals with them to set your team up for success.
- You are a compelling communicator, adept in building written investment cases and making influential verbal justification, in order to secure precious resources and budget.
At Wolt, We’re About Getting Things Done.
You’ll probably enjoy it here if you like taking ownership, developing yourself and being around friendly, humble and ambitious people.
If you’re excited about building a world-class employer brand in a hyper-growth scaleup environment, then apply below. Along with our competitive salary and benefits, you’ll also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We want to have all sorts of people in our team — people like you and me, and people different from you and me. Whether it’s gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion, we try our very best to offer equal opportunities for everyone. Diverse teams add a richness of ideas and viewpoints that benefit us all. And we’d like to keep it that way.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Kris Connabeer, Talent Acquisition Partner - Kristofor.Connabeer@external.wolt.com