Are you a talented Business Development professional that gets excited about playing a key role in disrupting the last mile logistics industry, and improving the daily life of thousands of people? If you are excited about being hands-on and building a brand new business vertical from scratch, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
What is Wolt Drive
Wolt Drive is our most recent new venture where we offer businesses the opportunity to connect to their customer instantly with the use of our ultra fast last mile delivery. We already have an industry- leading last-mile logistics platform and partnerships with thousands of riders across the country and can now offer it to partners outside of the Wolt Platform - and directly connect our quick delivery services to their app or e-com platform.
At Wolt we’re on a mission to make cities a better place to live with the help of technology. We started in 2014 in Finland, with the customer-obsessed mindset we have now reached 23 countries with over 12M users. We are best known for our food delivery platform but are now on a journey to become an ‘’everything’’ app so you can get almost anything in your city delivered to your doorstep in less than an hour.
We launched in Norway in 2018 and are already operating in 19 cities including Oslo, Trondheim, Tromsø, Stavanger, Bergen, Kristiansand, and Lillestrøm, with more to come. Last year we expanded into retail and started building Wolt Market. And now we are up to build yet another new vertical in the Norwegian market!
As a Head of Wolt Drive you will take ownership of Wolt Drive’s business strategy and execution in Norway. Wolt Drive gives the partners access to Wolt’s industry-leading last-mile logistics platform. Companies can connect to the Wolt Drive network to offer ultra-fast deliveries of goods and parcels.
You will be responsible for building a new business line from the ground up, continuously improving product-market fit, and eventually full-scaling of our Wolt Drive business to partners and customers across Norway. You will be the key to making Wolt Drive a success in your market as well as building a sound P&L. The role involves tight collaboration with the product team as well the restaurant, retail and marketing teams to build a winning proposition. We have a great base to start from, and your focus will be to establish and scale this up in the local market.
What you’ll be doing
- Be the owner of this new vertical íncluding full P&L ownership and owning commercial and operational KPIs
- Building a go to market strategy for Wolt Drive in Norway and executing on it.
- Establish new strategic partnerships with partners that would benefit from Wolt Drive services.
- Driving and managing growth of the existing accounts.
- Being the client representatives' trusted advisor, helping them overcome any issues related to the Wolt services.
- Making sound business decisions by using data to support your intuition.
- Work closely with Wolt leadership and cross-functional teams (Product, Analytics, Marketing, Operations, Support and others) to build a winning proposition for the market.
- Working closely together with our restaurant sales and retail sales teams to develop opportunities for expanding our existing partnerships to Wolt Drive.
- Ensure we have the right integrations in place to win the market
- As we scale, you will manage a small team of account managers to support the technical integration and follow up of key partners.
Our humble expectations
- Previous success within solution sales or business development. SaaS, marketplace, eCommerce, or last-mile logistic-related sales experience is a big advantage.
- Additionally experience from management consulting or a high growth startup is a plus
- You have demonstrated the ability to close partnerships with various company sizes (from C-level executives to small business owners).
- Excellent commercial and strategic thinking - you are great at strategizing and building a business from scratch. Moreover, you can quickly pick up different business models and spot opportunities and bottlenecks.
- You have previously collaborated with teams internally to make long and complex deals come to life.
- Excellent analytical skills - such as translating data into actions, analyzing sales metrics and pricing models, and producing relevant KPIs.
- Skilled in both new sales as well as developing existing clients.
- Demonstrable consultative sales approach - someone that can build relationships and tailor our offering and business model to a specific partner based on various parameters.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Fluent in Norwegian and English.
What you’ll get by joining Wolt
Making an impact. Day to day you will be working on and driving forward the marketing and growth of the restaurant and retail industry, making cities a better place to live in, and helping Wolt to become the best in the world of delivery service in a competitive and rapidly evolving last-mile delivery landscape.
Being part of an ambitious team in a flat international organization. Things move fast in our office in the center of Oslo. We love to get things done, take ownership, and innovate, but we always make sure to have fun in the process!
Learning never stops. We operate in a very fast-developing industry, which means there is always something new to learn and different opportunities to develop within Wolt.
Owning what you build. We offer a competitive compensation package together with a stock option plan, hence you can own a piece of the company you are helping to build.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Laura Ilioaea, Talent Acquisition Partner:
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!