We want to be the preferred partner for couriers who are the backbone of our operations. Ultimately, providing a great delivery experience to our customers and merchants comes down to having a strong supply of engaged courier partners. We also see that experienced couriers are more efficient and deliver with a higher quality than new couriers, indicating that we can improve the efficiency and quality of the whole platform through retaining our courier partners longer. We are now looking for a Head of Courier & Delivery Experience to take the lead in shaping our courier partner vision and driving cross-functional improvement initiatives to help couriers reach their full potential.
For us, being the preferred partner is important throughout the courier lifecycle:
- providing an attractive opportunity for people seeking for an accessible and flexible income;
- supporting and incentivizing our new couriers to improve their earnings, quality, and efficiency;
- rewarding experienced and loyal couriers to continue delivering on our platform longer;
- and finally, supporting couriers to develop themselves beyond their time as Wolt courier partners.
Being the preferred partner also means offering a best-in-class delivery experience by removing friction from the delivery process, be it waiting time, time lost figuring out what to do, or contacts to support that could have been avoided. Beyond individual deliveries, it is improving the courier app experience and making delivering with Wolt more fun and engaging.
Success in this role requires excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, as well as strong program management and analytical problem-solving abilities. You will be working closely with various Wolt teams, e.g. in Product, Communications, Legal & Public Policy, Sustainability, and Operations, and also need to be able to put yourself in the shoes of a courier partner. An ideal candidate is a strong visionary leader who is able to cut through complexity and balance between business opportunities and legal risks. You will need to be ready to roll up your sleeves, dig deep into data, do deliveries yourself, and talk with couriers to understand the problems and opportunities.
What You'll Be Doing
Accountable for Wolt-grade courier & delivery experience, courier satisfaction, and retention globally
- Shaping the Wolt courier partner vision and representing the voice of the couriers
- Creating and maintaining a loyalty & rewards program for our courier partners that is engaging and incentivizing. A program that retains our best-performing courier partners, while encouraging new and lower-performing courier partners to improve
- Optimizing the delivery journey from courier perspective, solving for inefficiencies in our deliveries
- Improving the courier app experience, together with the Courier Delivery Experience Product+ team
- Ensuring alignment between sometimes conflicting priorities across teams in operations, product, legal, public policy, communications,
You will report to our Head of Global Delivery Operations. For internal candidates, location is flexible.
Our humble expectations
We are looking for someone with:
- You are a solid leader with senior presence and experience working in operations or strategic business development in a fast-paced environment
- You are able to balance between multiple priorities, representing the voice of our courier partners and improving the overall platform efficiency and quality
- Master degree in a relevant field (business, engineering, or related)
- Experience in incentive mechanisms and gamification is a plus
- Excellent stakeholder management and communications skills and ability to work in cross-functional setting
- Stellar capabilities in strategic thinking, analytical execution and reporting. Looker and Excel are a must, but SQL can be useful as well
- Attitude for action and ownership beyond the obvious. You are constantly looking for opportunities to improve and have the determination to drive change
- A true culture champion - someone that leads by example with collaboration, teamwork, data-driven decision making and best-idea-wins attitude. We also value humility and politeness at all times!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + long term incentive plan available
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Roman Jagela, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!