Hey, you look like you might be our new Head of Category
Procurement & Supply Chain
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world leading customer experience. People across Norway and Sweden can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep at lightspeed!
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a strong Head of Category to build and maintain our assortment, trading plan (pricing, promotions), relationships and business plans with our retail partners and manage category performance in Norway and Sweden.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Head of Category Management will have full ownership of the category performance in the market, supporting a sustainable growth of the P&L and be leading a category team across Norway and Sweden.
Core responsibilities include building and developing the assortment and trading plan, building relationships with suppliers and managing the overall category performance in the country.
As Head of Category you'll ensure that all stores in the market have the right assortment, and together with supply chain specialists ensures that there is always stock. You'll work with retail partners, constantly optimizing trading performance. Other key stakeholders include data teams to define and develop all necessary reporting, data models, tools and products to drive category performance in local stores. The position is located in Oslo and part of the management team
What you’ll be doing
- Leading a team of Category professionals.
- Having full ownership of category performance, including forecasting, monitoring, reporting on the business.
- Driving projects and trading strategy to achieve business goals.
- Defining and updating Wolt Market’s assortment at a store level to meet customer needs and optimize order economics.
- Leading effective negotiations with suppliers to establish joint goals, improve cost structure, and sustainably grow the P&L.
- Influencing the design of the categories, as well as contributing to new product groups and improving the customer experience to deliver growth.
- Creating business plans for new opportunities and developing and executing project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies.
- Working cross-functionally with counterparts across in-stock management, content, marketing, finance, and retail systems to operate and grow the business.
- Continually improving and automating manual processes to enable the team to scale better as the business grows.
Our humble expectations
- Experience in a grocery retail, key account management/consulting environment with a proven track record of delivering results.
- 5+ years experience in category management.
- Strong communication skills and experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Team leadership experience.
- Experience for budgeting and forecasting and P&L
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail.
- Full professional proficiency in Norwegian or Swedish and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to: Caroline Sørensen at email@example.com.
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!