Are you an experienced Category or Project Manager with a great eye for detail? Are you truly passionate to drive global change in the online grocery space? Are you a structured, hypothesis-driven thinker and effective communicator? Do you have previous (grocery) retail experience and enjoy working in a fast paced environment? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. In 2017, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re a team of 8000+ people in 25 countries and over 500+ cities, servicing over 29M registered users and have 50+ Wolt Market stores across our Wolt markets. As the platform economy is changing the ways consumers connect with restaurants and retailers, we are seeing a huge opportunity to be the industry leader with the amazing teams we have built globally.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world leading customer experience. People across 20 countries can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep in lightspeed!
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a strong Global Category Manager to steer projects, to generate insights, and to build scalable mechanisms that drive strong progress on key development areas and re-define our standard ways of working globally.
As our Global Category Manager you'll report to the Global Head of Category Management and work closely with our Category Managers across 20 countries as well as our amazing Product Development teams.
You’ll have full global ownership on defined category management pillars such as selection, profitability and promotions. You define the strategy and set the roadmap to achieve the global business goals on these pillars. You will identify key improvement areas and own the improvement process from definition, to implementation and monitoring. You involve key functional stakeholders and local Category Managers to consider their requirements and to take them on the journey of building pragmatic solutions that scale globally. When needed, you collaborate with external partners as well as our product and design teams to build state-of-the-art tool solutions. You´ll work closely with data teams to define and develop all necessary reporting and data models to create insights that drive our order economics.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Have full global ownership on defined category management pillars such as selection, profitability and promotions to achieve our business goals.
- Set global standards and guidance for local Category Managers across these pillars.
- Create valuable data driven insights for Category Managers to meet customer needs and optimize order economics.
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders to receive a holistic view on our business operations and to ensure that category management requirements are supported.
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies.
- Continually improve and automate manual processes to enable you and the category managers globally to scale better as the business grows.
Our humble expectations
- Experience in a grocery retail, key account management or consulting environment with a proven track record of delivering results. Experience in category management and/or online groceries is a strong plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and experience in negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- The successful candidate must be highly analytical, self-starting and thrive in a high energy environment.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail.
- 4+ years of experience in FMCG
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
This job can be based in one of the following locations: Munich, Berlin, Helsinki.
Application deadline is October 6th. Interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline.
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to: Caroline Sørensen at firstname.lastname@example.org