Hey, you look like you might be our new General Manager
Strategy & Business Development
Prague, Czech Republic
Are you a problem-solver with a passion for building teams and organisations? Are you motivated by working with and influencing every area of a business? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 250 cities, servicing over 15M registered users and with 7000+ employees.
As a Wolt General Manager (GM), you have full ownership of your market, which essentially means you are the CEO of a startup within a startup (that is now becoming a big company!). Your mission is to build a great team and, together with them, make your cities better places for hungry people, for restaurants seeking to gain more sales, and for courier partners wanting to earn flexibly.
The General Manager (GM) will own your market’s P&L and will continue building existing operations to a higher level of sophistication & efficiency, growing the market while maintaining a healthy level of efficiency, steadily moving towards increased profitability. Your job will require robust leadership, analytical thinking, data-driven decisions, mastering marketing & restaurant partnerships, and building a world-class delivery operation with the support of an Apple-awarded technology company. It’s all there.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support along the way, but are also expected to be an awesome, independent leader with exceptional ability to execute and deliver results every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Become the CEO of your market and build a market-winning business in Czechia.
- Expand your country team, together with our talent acquisition function.
- Lead the team towards your vision of what Wolt should accomplish in your country.
- Manage a P&L and take care of efficiency, profitability, sustainability, and scalability in a metrics-driven environment. Transparently share the health of country performance via weekly and monthly business reviews with the global CEO staff
- Refine your processes and get better and better while sharing your learnings with our HQ and other markets.
- Lead and guide your team to ensure a seamless experience for our customers, our restaurant partners, and courier partners.
- Build and maintain a scalable and healthy delivery operation with your Courier Operations Managers.
- Find, establish, and develop new restaurant and retail partnerships with our sales team.
- Build a robust support framework for customers, retailers and restaurants, and courier partners together with your Support Team.
- Create and execute innovative and viral user growth campaigns for consumers with your Marketing Manager.
- Work with our Communications & PR team to continually elevate Wolt's brand and drive positive customer sentiment as well as position Wolt as a first class employer of choice.
Our humble expectations
- An energetic and resilient spirit is the soul to our culture, where you are constantly on your toes and seeking ways to build your country.
- You have operated at executive level, managed large teams with multiple, senior direct reports and sub teams in a fast-growth environment.
- You have a background in high growth and scale-up companies, management consulting, large logistics or other e-commerce environments. Prior GM experience in the food delivery space is desirable, not essential
- You have solid experience working in leadership, strategy and business development.
- You have been involved in recruiting and have a strong eye for top talent.
- You have an analytical and strategic mindset/able to make data-driven decisions.
- P&L experience is necessary as you’ll be responsible for owning your new market and driving revenue growth
- You have great interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a structured way.
- You have at least a Bachelor in Finance, Economics, Business or equivalent - Advanced degree or MBA desirable.
- Fluency in Czech & English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!