Hey, you look like you might be our new General Manager - Wolt Market
Prague, Czech Republic
Are you a leader with an entrepreneurial mindset, relentless hunger for growth and will to build the best possible customer experience? Have you led large multi-functional teams in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last few years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
We’re now building our very own grocery stores - Wolt Market. Thus, we are looking for the General Manager to lead Wolt Market in Czechia. The General Manager for Wolt Market is responsible for building and expanding this new concept, delivering unprecedented convenience and world leading customer experience for our customers from our very own grocery stores. People across our markets can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep in lightspeed!
As a Wolt Market General Manager you have full ownership of your market, which essentially means you are the CEO of a startup within a startup. You own all recruitment, market expansion, category management, partnerships with suppliers, inventory management, food safety and operations.
You’ll own your market’s P&L and need to be both building the operation and growing the market while maintaining a healthy level of efficiency, steadily improving order economics and profitability. Your job will consist of analytical thinking, data-driven decisions, mastering marketing and supplier partnerships, and building a world-class operation with the support of our award winning technology and product teams. It’s all there.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing:
- Become the CEO of your market and build a market-winning business in Czechia.
- Expand your country team, together with our recruiting function.
- Lead the team towards your vision of what Wolt Market should be in your country.
- Manage a P&L and take care of efficiency, profitability, sustainability and scalability.
- Refine your processes and get better and better while sharing your learnings with our HQ and other markets.
- Lead and guide your team to ensure a seamless experience for our customers and retail partners.
- Ensure the maintenance of health and safety standards across Wolt Market.
- Find, establish, and develop new supplier partnerships.
- Create and execute innovative and viral user growth campaigns for consumers with the Marketing team.
- Work with our communications & PR to make sure that Wolt Market does not go unnoticed in the local press.
Our humble expectations
- An energetic and resilient spirit is the soul to our culture, where you are constantly on your toes and seeking ways to build your country.
- You have managed large teams with multiple direct reports and sub teams in a growth environment.
- You have a background in high growth and scale companies or management consulting. Retail experience is a strong plus.
- You have solid experience working in leadership, strategy and business development.
- You have been involved with recruiting and have a strong eye for top talent.
- You have an analytical and strategic mindset where you will be able to make data-driven decisions.
- P&L experience is necessary as you’ll be responsible for owning your new market and building the operation from scratch.
- You have great interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a structured way.
- Full professional proficiency in Czech & English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!