Are you a service-minded professional looking for your next challenge? Does being a part of one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies interest you? If so, then we'd love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We launched in Baku in summer 2019, and have been conquering the food delivery scene step by step. However, food delivery was just the start. We don’t want to just satisfy our customers’ hunger but to deliver a wide variety of products and expand our platform to some cool retail shops, supermarkets, flowers, toys, and other exciting products, all referred to as Retail.
Accompanied by outsourced accounting, Wolt’s centralized Finance & Legal team supports our global business activities. This includes our HQ teams in Finland and Hungary, as well as our operations team in both the existing countries in which we already operate and our expansion to new countries. Reporting to the Accounting Lead, the Finance Specialist is tasked with overseeing multiple counterparty transactions. This includes liaising with our internal HQ and Country Operations teams, our Restaurant and Courier Partners, Grocery vendors, and other firms we partner with.
- Responding on payment related bank inquiries
- Responding to merchant related requests
- Assisting the AP team in processing cross-border payments
- Verify e-tax invoices and confirm purchase contents and match them to purchase orders
- Monthly reconciliations with counterparties and vendors
- Provide supporting documentation/information to internal team members
- Verify monthly Reports for Inventory
- Assisting team members with proper expense report documentation
- Other various accounts payable and inventory accounting-related tasks
- Preparation of various ad-hoc related reports and tasks assigned by the lead
Our humble expectations
- Prior experience as an Accountant or in Finance role for 2-3 years.
- Demonstrable experience in autonomous problem-solving in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Business/Economics or other financial degree Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- You are used to working with tight deadlines.
- Structured, analytical, detailed, and service-oriented.
- Experience within the retail industry is a plus
- Fluent in Azerbaijani, Russian, and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Kalle Sundell, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!