Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 25 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Our Finance team has played a key role in this journey - supporting our global operations from their central Helsinki hub has been no easy feat, but this group of dedicated and motivated professionals have made it seem effortless!
As we continue to scale, we’re now looking for an experienced Accounting specialist to help us focus on our local accounting efforts in the Mediterranean area. You will sit with the Country Controller and other local operation teams in Athens but you will also work directly with the centralized Finance team located in HQ in Helsinki. The Finance Specialist is responsible for local compliance and reporting for selected entities, but the role will also include taking initiative to up the local scalable accounting processes, while assisting the local teams with accounting related enquiries, such as payment follow-ups, explanations of reports provided to restaurant partners, debt reconciliations, communication with the vendors, etc.
What makes the Finance team so special is our ‘service first’ approach to the job - we enjoy creating strong communication loops with the wider business, so that bottlenecks are minimized and that things get done quickly and efficiently.
Everybody is accountable for their own workload and takes pride in being meticulous and precise. We also enjoy learning and developing as we go - it’s important that you share this approach!
What You'll Be Doing
- Participate in all aspects of Wolt Greece, Cyprus and Malta Accounting
- Take part in the delivery of local and global finance initiatives, financial process implementation and ensuring the compliance with local and global policies
- Maintain and strengthen the key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Close cooperation with other local teams in order to ensure local financial matters are supported and properly monitored
- Close cooperation with the R2R (record to report) team – working closely with the GL accountants, AP, AR specialists on daily and monthly tasks
- Supporting the Country Controller in any other ad hoc tasks if when needed
Our humble expectations
- Proven experience with local statutory accounting and tax compliance for at least 5 years
- Solid background in relevant bookkeeping or accounting roles, preferably from a multinational company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Master's degree or CPA/ACCA will be an advantage
- Demonstrable experience of autonomous problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable in undertaking both hands-on daily tasks as well as impacting bigger picture projects and roadmaps
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Prior experience in NetSuite is an advantage
- Fluent in Greek and English, both spoken and written
- Must be able to be based in Athens, hybrid work possible (flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote work)
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Kalle Sundell, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!