Hey, you look like you might be our new Finance Process Owner - Payment Institution
Helsinki, Finland or remote
Are you an experienced finance professional with a solid background in designing and managing finance processes in a complex, fast-moving environment? Does playing a key role in shaping financial processes in a global tech company sound like your ideal next opportunity? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Wolt License Services (WLS) is Wolt’s internal payments compliance organisation, enabling Wolt to provide efficient and reliable financial services to the benefit of our platform stakeholders. At the moment, we handle all merchant payment flows in the 17 Wolt EEA markets and we’re preparing to support the launch of multiple future financial solutions. WLS ensures compliance with various regulatory requirements deriving from PSD2, such as AML and safeguarding of customers’ funds. As a supervised payment institution, we have heavy requirements on us while we aim to have the most streamlined, structured and customer friendly processes, providing value to our clients, partners and Wolt group.
In this role, you will find yourself hands-on developing and shaping frictionless, controlled and smooth processes related to the payment institution business. You will have a unique opportunity to realise your vision of developing finance processes and to have a meaningful and lasting impact by helping design and set up a world-class financial services.
Sounds simple, right?
While the role is key to enable our continued success, and the challenge great, fear not - as you'll not be alone for the ride. In this role, you will work closely with development-oriented finance- and operations experts as well as highly skilled product engineers to make sure we design our processes in ways that are both efficient and scalable. The environment is complex and challenging, but you will enjoy the thrill of nurturing your own thoughts and ideas into reality, while enjoying the support of our experienced professionals across various teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop finance process practices in one of Europe's fastest growing tech companies. If you feel like the role matches your experience and you're ready for the next challenge, read on and apply - we're looking forward to meeting you!
What you’ll be doing
- Own end to end finance process and portfolio management for the payment institution
- Use in-depth process knowledge and business acumen together with best practices benchmarking to design and implement harmonised world class payment institution finance processes
- Analyse and develop corrective and preventive action plans on underperforming processes and initiate improvement ideas through root cause analysis
- Proactively interact with various business owners, the broader finance team, product owners and engineering teams to make sure we are progressing with agreed development actions
- Drive efficient deployment of new processes with strong on-boarding and training programs
Our humble expectations
- Solid background in leading the design and implementation of finance end to end processes. Ideally, you’ll have prior experiences from a similar position in a multinational organisation and/or in a payment institution organisation.
- Highly passionate about translating business requirements into concrete Finance process / system requirements
- Proactive in seeking out improvement opportunities and driving collaboration across stakeholder group
- Experience with project management and coordination activities. You enjoy acting as a focal point in keeping a broad suite of stakeholders up-to-date on statuses, progress, roadblocks etc.
- Strong plus having experience in a high-paced startup environment
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working fully in English
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership of things you care about, and being part of an ambitious group of professionals, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 23 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Kalle Sundell, Talent Acqusition Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!