All the roads lead to accounting… Or at least many of them.
We’re looking for someone that can help us with improving the way in which we plan and execute the development of our platform in a manner that also takes into account how the information flows to our financial statements and management reporting.
Think about this hypothetical scenario: We’re living in 2021 and are just about to launch our new subscription service, W+. When rolling out a subscription service, how will that impact our external financial statements, management reporting and order to cash process?
To improve our ways of working in this area, we’ve designed and kicked off a “Finance Greenlighting” process to more formally (but in an agile way) review which initiatives are going live, that the right stakeholders have been looped in and that we have done the proper testing before go-live. Together with your colleagues on the Finance and Product side, you would be overseeing and coordinating this process.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Act as a Finance PMO, coordinating and facilitating what we call “Finance Greenlighting”
- You’d make sure that the review cadence is kept up and running and that the quality of the release documentation is at a level that would make an auditor applaud you
- The process is still in an early stage, so there’s lots of room for improvement, and you’d also get to tap into the knowledge of our stateside colleagues over at DoorDash
- You act as a trainer and ambassador for the greenlighting process - you teach our stakeholders why the control is needed and how it’s best executed
- On a daily basis you’d be working with e.g. Development Managers from our Finance Development team, Process Owners from the finance core processes and Product Leads in charge of the Product initiatives
Our humble expectations
- CFO area knowhow: You know how the typical CFO teams and processes work together and what the dependencies are between these - you might have worked within multiple roles in the area, as an auditor or as a “CFO practice consultant”
- Past tenure: Not an exact science, but the role requires some past experience so 7+ years of relevant experience can be used as a guidance
- PMO experience: You’re like a fish in water when it comes to managing multiple initiatives at one go, tracking what the statuses and coaching Product Leads to successfully navigate through the check
- Release management: You know your way around how to properly design, test and roll our technical features
- Commanding an audience: Change management and being an active communicator is something is familiar territory for you
- Education: MSc or similar degree in e.g. finance or accounting
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + long term incentive plan available
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Chene Elliot, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!