Our Merchant partners (read e.g. Restaurants and Retail stores) are a critical part of our business in that we enable them new growth opportunities through our platform while at the same time providing our end customers new and interesting offerings. Today, our network covers +120 000 Merchant Partners in 25 countries. We’re now in the process of stepping up our game on how we grow this Merchant network and also how we track our performance towards the Merchant operations (acquiring new ones, onboarding, managing existing ones etc.). This is where you come into the picture.
We’re building a new team around the Merchant Finance & Strategy operations to partner up with our Merchant team counterparts, providing them support and insights into how we’re performing in this space. This is where you could get the opportunity to join our awesome crew of people in the role of a Manager, Merchant Finance & Strategy.
In short, you would be the go to person for keeping track of our Merchant revenue streams and you’re also expected to come up with novel solutions for how we can take our pricing methodologies and structure to the next level. For example you’ll be on top of how our commission rates and value of goods ordered evolve and what we can do to influence these. You’re also to spend time on refining our approach and pricing structure for our Merchants. The role is a global one, meaning that you’d have a nice bird’s eye view of our 25 countries.
You would be supported by the Director of Merchant Finance & Strategy and your key counterparts would sit in both our global Merchant team as well as in our local teams. You would also get to work closely with our regional Finance & Strategy colleagues who are overlooking the whole P&L for our 25 countries.
- The Finance & Strategy (F&S) team ensures that our top management, both central and in the 25 countries that we operate in, have timely, correct and insightful information at hand for decision making. We strive to help and challenge our stakeholders to make sure we’re optimizing all aspects of the business.
- We’re responsible for Wolt’s management reporting, P&L analysis, forecasting & budgeting processes and planning systems. Our stakeholders vary from our investors and top executives to country and functional leadership, as well as the wider finance team that we’re an integral part of.
- We at Wolt make decisions based on analysis and data, and thus the ability to work with numbers is part of our DNA. Most people at Wolt crunch data on a daily basis, including our CEO. In this company figures really matter, which makes your role all the more important.
- Own the Merchant revenue streams from finance point of view
- Monitor and analyze the merchant financial performance across the multitude of our business models
- Build the understanding of how the underlying operational drivers affect the financial performance to effectively act as a partner to the business teams
- Support, challenge and drive our central and local teams to reach targets week by week, month by month and year by year
- Whenever you see discrepancies from plans or room for improving our performance, you pick up the phone and start working with the local teams to get things going
- Help design effective, structured and fair pricing and monetization models and products for our Merchant area
- As a part of the planning process, you’d be the key player in defining our ambition level for our Merchant revenue creating clear targets for our local teams
- Solving other analytical and financial performance based ad hocs are also key in this role
Our humble expectations
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis
- You’ve worked with developing and running revenue controlling and pricing related processes
- You’ve successfully worked on defining and implementing pricing models, preferably in B2C or other large volume setting
- Working with data and BI tools comes easy for you and you’re not afraid to find the data you need by your own hands
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in financial modeling and analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Looker, Power BI)
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting standards
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner, in English
- Ability to influence senior leaders, working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + long term incentive plan available
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Roman Jagela, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!