Are you interested in the dynamics around Courier Operations and enjoy working in a fast-moving environment? Do you have a customer-oriented mindset and want to be a key player in ensuring that our courier partners get a world-class experience? If so, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We launched in Hungary in 2018 and have now grown to over 40 cities. We are growing rapidly and are now looking for an Expansion Specialist to join our Operations team in Budapest.
In the Operations Team, we focus on our courier partners: We ensure the right amount of courier partners to meet the order demand by constantly developing courier partner satisfaction and smooth, scalable processes.
As an Expansion Specialist, you will be a part of ensuring smooth introduction of Wolt services in the newest cities in Hungary, and providing that our courier partners get the right help and support throughout their Wolt journey. This entails everything from giving one-to-one support on ad-hoc questions or carrying out document checks to follow KPIs or automate workflows. Working in a fast and dynamic environment, it is important to be a team player and also to have the ability to figure out what to do rather than wait to be told. Managing our great courier partners requires a can-do attitude, as there are some routine tasks that require our attention.
In this pursuit, we aim to create the World’s best courier experience by optimizing processes, bettering content, and assuring that we have as little friction as possible.
What you’ll be doing:
Research - Getting to know a given region is the very first step of launching a new city. As a City Launcher, you will have to collect all the relevant and operations-related knowledge about different regions and cities through the country. You will draw the borders of the operations areas, discover cultural, geographical and demographic information about the given region, study how other market players operate, meet local merchants and courier partners, and build our operations on the collected knowledge.
Traveling - To fully understand the city you will bring to life, it has to become your hometown for a while. To gather required information and knowledge, you have to become one with the region, become local and follow the flow, so traveling is inevitable.
Onboarding - Reach and maintain high engagement is essential from the very first moment of our courier partner journey. We have to communicate, train and support our applicants professionally, so as the key contact point for our future courier partners in undiscovered regions, your part in our courier partner onboarding will be indispensable. You will participate in creating the smoothest onboarding for our courier partner candidates by providing every necessary information and support needed in the most attractive and consumable form of content.
Strategy - Consistency is essential when it comes to managing expansion. You will have to foster the tone, entertain and build structure to our way of relationships with our new partners, in new cities.
Analytics - Following, understanding and analyzing key performance indicators are part of the daily business in our operations.This also applies to the latest cities we have started to operate in. During the follow up of your newborn “city babies”, you will have to support your decision making and strategy building with relevant data, find broken pieces and fields to develop, understand relations and consequences to have proper action points in your role.
Process development - During work, our mission is to increase efficiency and reduce manual work as much as possible. To align with this, you will improve our current processes, implement and maintain new ones and create new best practices for our operations.
Cooperation - During a city launch, it is essential to be on the same page with all the related departments and manage preparations in harmony with each other. To provide smooth launch experiences, you will have to sync with your peers from every department on a daily basis.
Our humble expectations
- Relevant experience, ideally from hospitality, recruitment, logistics, operations or support setting. We have a highly customer-oriented mindset which also applies to our courier partners
- Great communication skills both verbally and in writing. You will be communicating with our courier partners on a daily basis
- Getting things done with a can-do attitude and being comfortable in a fast-paced and high-impact environment
- Fast learner and ability to quickly adapt to new tools, processes and information
- Being able to work in a team as well as working independently - you will be working together with other departments and teams as well
- Proactive planner and thorough thinker that is constantly looking for better ways to get things done
- Fluency in both Hungarian & English is a must
- Valid driver's license is a must
Bonus points if you also
- Have worked with onboarding funnels before
- Have relevant experience from high level autonomy required roles.
- Have analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to rationalize hypothesize and make decisions through the use of data
- Are familiar with tools such as G-sheets
If you are service minded, like taking ownership, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do rather than wait to be told – then apply today.
What We Offer
- Independent work in a dynamic, international team
- Private health insurance
- AYCM card (self-financed)
- Discount on Wolt orders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Modern work equipment (Macbook and iPhone)
If you have any further questions about the position before applying, you can turn to:
Zsófia Szentes, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. Please submit your application through our careers website!