Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform on-demand e-commerce. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 25 countries and 500+ cities across with 30M+ registered users - and this is only the beginning.
As the platform economy is changing the ways consumers connect with restaurants and retailers, we are seeing a huge opportunity to be the industry leader for local commerce with the amazing teams we have built globally.
With Wolt’s growth and expansion into new business areas comes also increasingly complex and broad regulatory frameworks. That’s why we are now looking for an EU Sustainability & Digital Policy Analyst, to join our EU policy team. In this role, you will follow and analyze sustainability & digital policies and work together with the EU policy team to ensure policymakers recognise Wolt as a relevant and approachable European tech champion. You will have the opportunity to represent Wolt vis-a-vis EU policy makers, industry associations, and other stakeholders. Especially on sustainability topics, you will also coordinate with Wolt colleagues in other teams. The role is part of the Legal team and reports to the Head of EU Public Policy. The role is based in Brussels.
You have a fearless can-do attitude and you are eager to learn as you go. You feel at home at the intersection of law, politics, and business. You will have areas of responsibility with high degrees of autonomy and ownership. In our team, everyone is equally important regardless of level of experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Participate in emerging policy debates and regulatory developments around issues such as platform work, e-commerce, platform regulation, competition policy, and sustainability
- Support and participate in Wolt’s engagement with EU policymakers, including preparing briefing materials, organising events, and setting up meetings
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments, especially in the field of sustainability and assess their impact on our business
- Coordinate with other teams internally (in particular legal and sustainability)
- Support the drafting of company positions, materials, and policy proposals
- Participate in the work with relevant external partners (agencies, trade associations, industry peers, think thanks etc)
Our humble expectations
- 0-2 years of public policy experience in an agency, in-house, or government role
- Bachelor’s studies/degree in law, public policy, political science or similar
- Good analytical skills, ability to understand, condense, and communicate complicated EU policy issue in a clear way
- Experience in event management, overall high degree of self-organisation and attention to detail, can-do attitude
- Ability to represent the company externally as necessary
- Quick learner, not afraid to ask questions, and open to feedback
- Good networking skills
- Fluent in English, basic knowledge of French a plus for organisational tasks
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Kalle Sundell at firstname.lastname@example.org