Hey, you look like you might be our new Engineering Team Lead, Data Modelling
Stockholm, Sweden or remote
We are putting together a new engineering team in our Data domain and we are looking for someone to take its lead!
If you’re looking for a role to combine your engineering and leadership skills in a very complex area - this is it! 🚀
During the latter part of 2022 we have gained more understanding of where we should be with our data warehousing in terms of layout and features. The current warehouse is architected primarily as a source data store and requires a lot of domain knowledge to extract maximum value out of the data.
The adoption of our data warehouse is a key point to perform decision making in multiple different scenarios -- product A/B testing, operational efficiency, business efficiency, to name a few. With these use cases expanding across all organizations at Wolt, having a more ergonomic and less cumbersome data model becomes essential to support faster and safer data analysis.
Together with your team you will be responsible for architecting, developing, managing and improving Wolt’s Data Warehouse Data Model, making sure it can be integrated with the workflow of our Analysts and the rest of the organization and our Data Engineering tools, ultimately becoming the one stop shop for sourcing data for all BI use cases and more.
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland, Germany or Sweden.
Our humble expectations
- As a Team Lead you will be planning the work and focus areas to ensure our next generation Data Warehouse Data Model can be implemented and rolled out, while helping the team get settled with ways of working.
- You want to take care of your team members, help them strive and achieve goals together! You’ll be making personal development plans and hosting regular 1on1s to support their growth, as well as have a huge role in hiring the right people to the team.
- Good communication and collaboration skills are essential, and you shouldn’t shy away from problems, but can discuss them in a constructive way with your team and the Wolt Product team at large.
- Your solid background in data modelling and data engineering will allow you to integrate the concepts within our data stack. You will be able to speak the same language with your team and others, as well as contribute to the hands-on work.
- We work with Python, Kafka, Spark, Postgres, Snowflake, & Kubernetes. The nature of our business causes our data to have high density, cardinality, speed and size. We often see datasets in the >100B scale at this point.
- We also highly appreciate any previous experience in team leading, and as mentioned, are looking for the combination of technical and people leading skills.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Anna Janeta (email@example.com)