Hey, you look like you might be our new Engineering Team Lead, Data Governance Engineering
We are putting together a new engineering team in our Data domain and we are looking for someone to take its lead!
You won’t be starting entirely from scratch as Wolt’s Data Group has already developed an initial foundational tooling in the areas of data management, security, auditing, data catalog and quality monitoring. Despite this, we haven’t had a dedicated team for this tooling yet.
If you’re looking for a role to combine your engineering and leadership skills in a very complex area - this is it! 🚀
In the past few years we integrated many of these tools within our core data infrastructure and thanks to these efforts the teams contributing to the data platform have developed a good understanding when it comes to the Data Governance domain.
We’re forming this team to take this work to the next level and ensure Wolt’s Data Platform keeps on meeting the governance requirements that a modern data company needs to meet.
Together with your team you will be responsible for managing and improving the current Data Governance platform, making sure it can be further integrated with the rest of the Data Platform and Wolt Services in a scalable, secure and compliant way.
In addition to this the team will be responsible for concepting and building all new components and processes necessary for scaling these capabilities further as required.
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland, Germany or Sweden.
Our humble expectations
- As a Team Lead you will be planning the work and focus areas for our Data Governance Platform efforts and help the team get settled with suitable ways of working.
- As a Team Lead at Wolt you want to take care of your team members, help them strive and achieve goals together! You’ll be making personal development plans and hosting regular 1on1s to support their growth and take part in recruitment.
- Good communication and collaboration skills are essential, and you shouldn’t shy away from problems, but can discuss them in a constructive way with your team and the Wolt Product team at large.
- You are the rare gem who also has a solid engineering background married to sensitivity to the Data Governance challenges, so you will be able to speak the same language with your team and stakeholders, including our Legal and Finance teams, as well as contribute to the hands-on work.
- In this domain we work with Python, Snowflake, Kubernetes and a variety of open source tools such as DataHub and Airflow.
- We also highly appreciate any previous experience in team leading, and as mentioned, are looking for the combination of technical and people leading skills.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Anna Janeta (firstname.lastname@example.org)