Hey, you look like you might be our new Engineering Team Lead, Batch Platform
Berlin, Germany or remote
We are putting together a new engineering team in our Data domain and we are looking for someone to take its lead!
You won’t be starting entirely from scratch as we have been developing our Batch Data Infrastructure since 2016, but don’t have a fully dedicated team for this yet.
If you’re looking for a role to combine your engineering and leadership skills in a very complex area - this is it! 🚀
During 2022 we realized that while our Streaming Platform has taken more and more a central role when it comes to data integrations, the Batch Platform’s importance and user base has increased dramatically due to the increased requirements for derived data, pre-cooked metrics for business and experimentation and many other similar batch-driven use cases across.
Our Batch Platform is currently based on Airflow, running in Kubernetes and utilizing Celery as task running backend.
Together with your team you will be responsible for managing and improving the current infrastructure, making sure it can be integrated with the rest of the Data Platform and Wolt Services in a scalable, secure and compliant way. All this while working on evaluating future evolutions and opportunities.
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland, Germany or Sweden.
Our humble expectations
- As a Team Lead you will be planning the work and focus areas for your team and help it get settled with ways of working. You want to take care of your team members, help them strive and achieve goals together!
- You’ll be making personal development plans and hosting regular 1on1s to support their growth, and take part in recruitment. Good communication and collaboration skills are essential, and you shouldn’t shy away from problems, but can discuss them in a constructive way with your team and the Wolt Product team at large.
- You are the rare gem who has a solid background in data engineering, so you will be able to speak the same language with your team and others, as well as contribute to the hands-on work.
- In this discipline we work with Python, Airflow, Celery Kafka, Spark, Postgres, Snowflake, & Kubernetes. The nature of our business causes our data to be often very dense, high cardinality and moving fast, we often see datasets in the >100B scale at this point.
- We also highly appreciate any previous experience in team leading, and as mentioned, are looking for the combination of technical and people leading skills.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Anna Janeta (email@example.com)