About the Global Merchant Team
On the Global Merchant team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant and store selection for consumers and build products and services for our merchants to grow their businesses profitably on Wolt. In doing so, we partner up closely with the commercial teams in our 25 countries.
Our five global subteams focus on distinct areas of the merchant lifecycle and experience but also our internal efficiency related to reaching our mission:
- The Merchant S&O (Strategy & Operations) team is responsible for our merchant and selection strategy, merchant experience, planning and performance tracking, operating model design as well as commercial go-to-market approaches
- The Sales S&O team owns and develops the goaling, sales operations processes, tools and enablement programs to support and improve the productivity of our local pre- and post-sales teams
- The Merchant Operations subteam focuses on smooth execution of core processes such as onboarding, in-store flows, self-service tooling and integrations - this in a very tight collaboration with our product teams
- The Enterprise team works directly with global current and prospective merchant partners to unlock and grow our joint business
- The B2B subteam owns and develops some of our newer service offerings for merchants - such as logistics as a service (Drive)
About the Role
As the leader of the Merchant Operations team, you will have the pivotal role of rethinking, redesigning and deciding on how to best operate our core processes of merchant onboarding and services. You will work hand-in-hand with our product teams and local teams to ensure we have process, tooling and technology to support both excellence merchant and end customer experience, merchant success on the Wolt platform as well as internal efficiency. You will report into our VP, Merchant, while working closely with both the other Merchant teams, as well as key stakeholders around the organization (finance, analytics, marketing).
You will build the global international Wolt team in this area, and together with them own the important KPIs of onboarding time, onboarding cost, first 30 day experience, image coverage, rejection rates, in-venue preparation and picking times, missing items, share of integrated venues, # of merchant tickets and % of request solved via self-serve, to name the most important ones. This will also involve creating and mobilizing a plan on how to best operate some of the core merchant services in our global footprint of 25 countries.
What you will be doing
- Lead the work of driving improvements in some of our key operational metrics together with your team (e.g. onboarding time, share of rejected orders, share of missing items)
- Redesign our core processes and ways of working for the optimal point, maximizing both customer and merchant experience and internal efficiency
- Collaborate very closely with our product and engineering team to enable processes and improvements via tools and technology
- Develop the longer term vision of how to provide the services to our merchants across our 25 countries, and operationalize that vision
- Hire and coach a team of world class operations experts
Our humble expectations
- You want to affect change every day, are result-oriented and can operate in fast-paced environments. You are excited to shape the direction of the company
- You do not shy away from getting your hands dirty, building and testing - you are comfortable in a place where the playbooks are still to be defined and built
- You enjoy solving problems and can translate high-level goals into executional plans
- You have 7+ years work experience in operational process improvements (Kaizen, Lean Six Sigma), technology, startups or related experiences. A combination of 2 or more of these experiences is a plus, as you will be working to improve the efficiency of our processes with technology in a fast-paced environment
- You have an ability to build cross-functional partnerships at all levels across technical and non-technical teams to achieve common goals
- You are comfortable with data and have solid analytical skills (SQL a plus)
- You communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal comms
- You have led teams and demonstrated success in fast-paced, ambiguous environments
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available