About the Support Group
As the name Support Group implies, this group is responsible for the core part of the customer experience journey that has got Wolt top-notch ratings in app stores.
During the years we’ve invested a lot in the in-house built support tooling as we believe that it’s the only way we can ensure the satisfaction of all of our customers and partners in each of the 25 countries that we operate in. We take huge pride in our customer operations’ quality, so on top of building delightful support experiences in our consumer app we also want to proactively identify and solve issues even before our customers and partners even notice something might be wrong.
About the Support Analytics Team
Our Support Analytics team’s main goal is to deliver an amazing support experience while optimizing our operations by providing actionable insights through exploratory analyses, and experiments and quantifying the impact of those actions on the overall business. 💡
About the Role
As a Data Scientist at Wolt, your role involves diving into our data to solve crucial business problems. The scope of this role ranges from diagnosing problem areas to identifying solutions to designing experiments and ultimately influencing decision-making. This is a rare, operational, and actionable data-driven experience. When you join this team, you will be driving action from the frontlines, rather than just doing yet another analytics role.
If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, are excited to build from 0 to 1, and have experience using analytics to affect Support, we're looking for someone like you.
You're excited about this opportunity because you can…
• Passionately leverage your analytical skill sets to tell the story about business and product performance and align executives around what matters and why.
• Design and analyze different experiments (A/B tests, quasi-experiments, etc.) and provide clear recommendations and action points.
• Shape the business by understanding the cause and effect between different business KPIs through different statistical models.
• Excited about advanced analytics by going into the nitty gritties of statistical analysis.
• Work backward from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions.
Our offering to you
• The online delivery platform that Wolt is building will offer you interesting and complex challenges together with the opportunities to create a big impact with your skills. Lots of geolocational and temporal data in real-time combined with differences in the economics and dynamics of the cities we operate in make Wolt both a challenging and so interesting company to practice analytics.
• You can choose the location from our tech hubs Helsinki, Berlin and Stockholm, or you can work entirely remotely anywhere in Finland, Germany, Sweden and Estonia. You have the chance to decide the ways of working — a hybrid, at the office, or remote within the location above. 💙 Read more about our remote setup.
• You would get to work in a company culture where we take ownership beyond the obvious, do common things uncommonly well, we think big but stay humble, do right by people, we treat others kindly and justly, recognize that if we don’t learn, we won’t stay still but fall behind and keep in mind that Luke was Yoda’s greatest achievement. Read more about how we work.
Our humble expectations
• Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in a data science or analytics position within an industry or research setting.
• Expertise in statistical analysis, including hypothesis testing, experimentation, and regression analysis using statistical software packages in Python, R, or equivalent.
• Proficiency in writing structured and efficient SQL queries for large data sets.
• Have prior experience building intuitive data visualizations and dashboards that influence business decisions, utilizing tools like Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar.
• Relentless pursuit of new ideas and data sources, and have the ability to systematically tackle ambiguous problems with a data-driven, hypothesis-based approach.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Zhanna Filintseva (firstname.lastname@example.org)