About the Consumer Group
As the name Consumer Group implies, this group is responsible for building and developing Wolt’s consumer-facing products. The core mission is to master the user experience while scaling up the platform to enable delivering a mall in a pocket.
About the Marketing Analytics Team
Marketing Analytics is a newly established domain working in partnership with the marketing and growth organisation to drive effective marketing decisions. This includes optimising our marketing mix through attribution, MMM and Experimentation, enabling effective measurement of different marketing initiatives, setting up best experimentation practices and working with the marketing team to identify areas for improvement and growth. Being a new team, there are plenty of exciting problems and opportunities to make a business impact. The team works closely with user acquisition, engagement, brand performance, growth and martech teams to enable data-driven decision making.
The team has multiple open roles including CRM Data Scientist and Marketing Analytics Data Scientist.
About the Consumer Data Science Team
Marketing Analytics is part of the Consumer Analytics team, which comprises a cross-section of Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers. We work closely with the Data Engineering and Machine Learning teams who help ensure we have the right platform to deliver our insights at scale. We partner with Product, Engineering, and Strategy & Operations teams to guide measurement and tactical decision-making using advanced analytics as we expand the Wolt platform across the globe.
About the Role
As a Data Scientist at Wolt, your role involves diving into our data to solve crucial business problems. The scope of this role ranges from diagnosing problem areas to identifying solutions to designing experiments and ultimately influencing decision making. This is a rare, operational and actionable data-driven experience which requires a good mix of technical and stakeholder engagement skills. When you join this team, you will be driving action from the frontlines, rather than just doing yet another analytics or data science role. Data Scientists at Wolt take ownership of the business outcomes.
If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, are excited to build from 0 to 1, and have experience using analytics and data science skills to solve marketing problems, we're looking for someone like you.
Our offering to you
• The online delivery platform that Wolt is building will offer you interesting and complex challenges together with the opportunities to create a big impact with your skills. Lots of geolocational and temporal data in real-time combined with differences in the economics and dynamics of the cities we operate in make Wolt both a challenging and so interesting company to practise analytics.
• You can choose the location from our tech hubs Helsinki, Berlin and Stockholm, or you can work entirely remotely anywhere in Finland, Germany, Sweden and Estonia. You have the chance to decide the ways of working — a hybrid, at the office, or remote within the location above. 💙 Read more about our remote setup.
• You would get to work in a company culture where we take ownership beyond the obvious, do common things uncommonly well, we think big but stay humble, do right by people, we treat others kindly and justly, recognize that if we don’t learn, we won’t stay still but fall behind and keep in mind that Luke was Yoda’s greatest achievement. Read more about how we work.
Our humble expectations
• Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field.
• 4+ years of experience in a Marketing Analytics or data science position.
• Expertise in statistical analysis, including hypothesis testing, experimentation using statistical software packages in Python, R, or equivalent.
• Proficiency in writing structured and efficient SQL queries for large data sets.
• Have prior experience building intuitive data visualisations and dashboards that influence business decisions, utilising tools like Looker, Tableau, Mixpanel or similar.
• Relentless pursuit of new ideas and data sources, and have the ability to systematically tackle ambiguous problems with a data-driven, hypothesis-based approach
• For a CRM Data Scientist, prior experience in CRM analytics will be a huge plus.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Zhanna Filintseva (email@example.com)