Here’s the gist – we’re looking for a Communications Specialist in Germany:
Wolt has grown quickly. Just a few years ago, we operated in 4 countries and 10 cities in the Nordics – fast forward to today and we are in 25 countries and over 500+ cities. We help hundreds of thousands of merchants and couriers with their business, and make it easy for millions of customers to discover and get anything they need delivered to their door. Just a year ago, we joined forces with DoorDash to together build a global leader in our industry.
Wolt is made by 9000+ dedicated people, over 20 of which handle our global comms and PR. The team is now looking for a Communications Specialist to join the fun and challenging space of communications and PR, specifically focused on Germany. The Communications team helps all of our 25 countries handle their public relations (be it in times of crisis, or the process of hiring an agency), as well as looks after Wolt’s reputation, and leads all sorts of proactive communications efforts across multiple areas of the business. As the Communications Specialist for Germany, you will plan and execute communications and PR in the country, and play an important role in both the German and central teams. As the business is growing, we need more muscle to join our forces and handle external communications in Germany.
Interested? Great – let me ask you a couple of questions:
Do you love telling stories through facts, data and compelling language?
Are you a curious person who loves to dive deeper into interesting topics?
Do you find new situations, cultures and contexts thrilling?
Do you enjoy studying large, complex entities and distilling the key information into easy-to-understand, well-written and distilled talking points?
Do you find meeting new people and engaging in conversation enjoyable?
Are you quick to learn new technologies, and do you love connecting the dots?
If your answer to the above questions is “yes yes and yes again,'' you might be exactly who we’re looking for.
Our humble expectations
What we’d like to see from you:
Our communications team is looking for a stellar individual – someone who manages external communications and media relations in the country. This person is part of the central Communications team, and reports to our Head of Communications, Germany who is based in Berlin.
The position is based at our office in Berlin. This person works closely with the Head of Communications, Germany as well as the central Communications, Public Policy and Legal teams. The Communications Specialist plays an important role in building the Wolt narrative in Germany, increasing our awareness, as well as managing media relations.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the execution of our proactive communications efforts on both owned and earned (corporate) channels in Germany
- Handle in-bound media requests in Germany.
- Push proactive PR hooks for Consumer and Corporate Press.
- Support with the coordination of the information flow across our organization.
- Support in crisis communications situations in Germany.
- Develop great written materials (e.g. press releases, blog posts, Q&A’s, social media posts and more) for internal and external use.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media contacts in Germany.
Skills & Experience Required
- 3+ years of experience in Communications and PR at an agency, company or a media outlet.
- Fluent in German and English, other languages a plus.
- Stellar writing skills, especially in German.
- Strategic and critical thinker & precise executor.
- Background in technology or delivery platforms is a plus.
- Great organizational skills.
- High level of independent thinking and acting.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!