Hey, you look like you might be our new Communications Specialist - Germany
PR & Communications
Interested? Great – let me ask you a couple of questions:
- Do you love telling stories through facts, data and compelling language?
- Are you a curious person who loves to dive deeper into interesting topics?
- Do you find new situations, cultures and contexts thrilling?
- Do you enjoy studying large, complex entities and distilling the key information into easy-to-understand, well-written and distilled talking points?
- Do you find meeting new people and engaging in conversation enjoyable?
- Are you quick to learn new technologies, and do you love connecting the dots?
If your answer to the above questions is “yes yes and yes again,'' you might be exactly who we’re looking for.
What we’d like to see from you:
Our communications team is looking for a stellar individual – someone who is experienced in strategic communications, public and media relations, crisis communications and project management. You might have an extensive agency or reporter background, or you’ve worked with communications at an international company. You love to write (especially) in German, and can also communicate fluently in English.
The Communications Specialist will be part of the Communications team in Helsinki, but can be located in Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich or Cologne. This person works closely with the Team Lead PR & Communications Germany and the management team in Germany. This role plays a central part in developing Wolt’s mindshare in the media and the eye of the public. We’re looking for someone who loves to think strategically, and also execute with precision. We want a critical thinker, who likes to help others and can think on their feet, as we move quickly.
What type responsibilities to expect:
- Contribute and work alongside an existing communications plan and help execute proactive communications efforts on both owned and earned (corporate) channels in Germany.
- Handle in-bound media requests in Germany. Think of PR hooks for Consumer and Corporate Press.
- Support with the coordination of the information flow across our organisation.
- Support in crisis situations in Germany, and other countries, when needed.
- Develop great written materials (e.g. press releases, blog posts, Q&A’s, social media posts and more) for internal and external use.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key media contacts in Germany.
Our humble expectations
- Extensive experience in communications and PR at an agency, company or a media outlet.
- Fluent in German and English, with stellar writing skills.
- Background in technology or delivery platforms is a plus.
- Great organizational skills, able to handle 10+ work streams at the same time.
What we offer you:
Apart from a competitive salary, we offer you stock options. This way, you can have a piece of the pie as we continue to grow. And yes, we have a really nice office, snacks and good benefits.
Of course we would say this, but it’s worth stating that Wolt is a great place to work. We have a warm vibe and fun colleagues. We help each other grow.
If you’re excited about working with the nicest of people in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious and fun team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Application deadline is May 1st 2023
If you have any further questions, you can turn to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications via email, so we recommend you send in your application through the job ad.