Hey, you look like you might be our new Communications Manager, Germany
PR & Communications
Wolt is made by 8000+ dedicated people, eighteen of which handle our comms and PR. The team is now looking for a Communications Manager to join the fun and challenging space of communications and PR, specifically focused on Germany. The team helps all of our 25 countries handle their public relations (be it in times of crisis, or the process of hiring an agency), as well as looks after Wolt’s reputation, and leads all sorts of proactive communications efforts across multiple areas of business. As the Communications Manager for Germany, you will own communications and PR in the country, and play an important role in both the German and central teams. As the business is growing, we need more muscle to join our forces and handle external communications in Germany.
The Communications Manager for Wolt Germany is responsible for managing external communications and media relations in the country. The CM is part of the central Communications and PR team, and reports to our Sr. Manager of Communications in Germany - who is moving to an international role.
The position is based at our office in Berlin. This person works closely with the General Manager and leadership team in Germany, as well as the Public Policy and Legal teams. The Communications Manager plays a critical role in building the Wolt narrative in Germany, increasing our brand awareness and strategic positioning, as well as managing media relations and handling possible media crises.
What you'll be doing
- Plan and execute proactive communications efforts on both owned and earned (corporate) channels in Germany.
- Handle in-bound media requests in Germany.
- Think of proactive PR hooks for Consumer and Corporate Press.
- Support with the coordination of the information flow across our organization.
- Coach and advise local spokespeople for encounters with the media.
- On occasion represent Wolt as the spokesperson of Germany.
- Provide expert advice and strategic council in crisis situations in Germany.
- Develop great written materials (e.g. press releases, blog posts, Q&A’s, social media posts and more) for internal and external use.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key media contacts in Germany.
Our humble expectations
- Extensive experience in Communications and PR at an agency, company or a media outlet.
- Fluent in German and English, other languages a plus.
- Stellar writing skills, especially in German.
- Strategic and critical thinker & precise executor.
- Background in technology or delivery platforms is a plus.
- Great organizational skills.
- High level of independent thinking and acting.
If you are excited about working with the nicest of people, in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an ambitious team, then click below to apply and let’s get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment.
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company.
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our
long term incentive plan.
Please note that we only take applications through the application portal.