Hey, you look like you might be our new Category Specialist - Wolt Market
Are you an experienced Category Specialist with a great eye for detail? Do you have previous experience with fruit and vegetables and enjoy working in a fast paced environment? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and a world-leading customer experience. People across Greece can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep at lightspeed!
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a strong Category Specialist to build our assortments, our trading plan (pricing, promotions), build relationships and business plans with our retail partners and manage category performance in Greece.
As a Wolt Market Category Specialist, you have full ownership of category performance across assortments. You own the assortment, trading plan and all supplier relationships. You will have to work closely with our stores to ensure that we have the right assortment at every location, and with our supply chain specialists to ensure that we are always in stock, as well as with our retail partners to ensure we are constantly optimising our trading performance. You will also work closely with data teams to define and develop all necessary reporting, data models, tools and products to drive category performance in local stores.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support from our Category Manager but are also expected to be an amazing independent specialist with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Have ownership of category performance including forecasting, monitoring, reporting on the business, along with contributing to driving projects and trading strategy to achieve business goals.
- Define Wolt Market’s assortment and constantly update it at a store level to meet customer needs and optimise order economics.
- Lead effective negotiations with suppliers to establish joint goals, improve cost structure, and sustainably grow the P&L.
- Influence the design of the categories, as well as contribute to new product groups and improve the customer experience to deliver growth.
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies.
- Work cross-functionally with counterparts across in-stock management, marketing, finance, and retail systems to operate and grow the business.
- Continually improve and automate manual processes to enable you and your team to scale better as the business grows.
Our humble expectations
- Experience in category management.
- Strong communication skills and experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- The successful candidate must be highly analytical, self-starting and thrive in a high energy environment.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Alvaro Patilla, Talent Acquisition Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!