Hey, you look like you might be our new Category Specialist - Wolt Market
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a strong Category Specialist to help build and maintain our assortment, trading plan (pricing, promotions), relationships and business plans with our retail partners and manage category performance.
As a Wolt Market Category Specialist you will work with category performance across ambient, fresh and frozen food as well as non-food categories alongside our Category Team. You own the assortment, help execute commercial and strategic decisions, help build a trading plan and build supplier relationships for selected categories. You will have to work closely with our stores to ensure that we have the right assortment at every location, and with our supply chain specialists to ensure that we are always in stock. You will also work closely with data teams to define and develop all necessary reporting, data models, tools and products to drive category performance in local stores.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent specialist with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you'll be doing
- Working in hand with the Category Manager you will be involved in growing category performance including forecasting, monitoring, reporting on the business, along with contributing to driving projects and trading strategy to achieve business goals.
- Help develop and maintain a category and procurement plan to secure growth.
- Help define Wolt Market’s assortment on selected categories and constantly update it at a store level to meet customer needs and shaping the stores of the future.
- Participate in effective negotiations with suppliers to establish joint goals, special promotions and offers and help improve cost structure, and sustainably grow the P&L.
- Own and execute key tasks such as campaigns, pricing and category projects.
- Work cross-functionally with counterparts across in-stock management, marketing, finance, and retail systems to operate and grow the business.
- Continually improve and automate manual processes to enable you and your team to scale better as the business grows.
Our humble expectations
- Strong communication skills and experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous retail experience is a must.
- The successful candidate must be highly analytical, self-starting and thrive in a high energy environment.
- Fluency English.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail
- 1-5 years of experience in FMCG
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Jerome Marks, Talent Acquisition Partner:
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page, and submit your application in English!