Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a strong Category Specialist to build and maintain our assortment, trading plan (pricing, promotions), relationships and business plans with our retail partners and manage category performance in Kazakhstan.
As a Wolt Market Category Specialist you have full ownership of category performance across ambient, fresh and frozen food as well as non-food categories alongside our Category Team. You own the assortment, trading plan and all supplier relationships. You will have to work closely with our stores to ensure that we have the right assortment at every location, and with our supply chain specialists to ensure that we are always in stock. You will also work closely with data teams to define and develop all necessary reporting, data models, tools and products to drive category performance in local stores.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent specialist with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Analyses and reporting regarding categories and products performance
- Listing of new products, managing data related to suppliers and products in selection, constantly update it at a store level to meet customer needs
- Reporting on the business, along with contributing to driving projects and trading strategy to achieve business goals.
- Participating in effective negotiations with suppliers to establish joint goals, improve cost structure, and sustainably grow the P&L.
- Execute key tasks such as campaigns, pricing and category projects .
- Work cross-functionally with counterparts across in-stock management, marketing, finance, and retail systems to operate and grow the business.
- Continually improve and automate manual processes to enable you and your team to scale better as the business grows.
Our humble expectations
- Strong communication skills and experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- The successful candidate must be highly analytical, self-starting and thrive in a high energy environment.
- Fluency in Russian & English.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail
- 2-5 years of experience in FMCG
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Application deadline is November 17th. Interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline.
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to: Caroline Sørensen at email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page, and submit your application in English!