Are you an experienced Category Manager with a great eye for detail? Do you have previous retail experience and enjoy working in a fast paced environment? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last years, expanding our operations to 25 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver a wide selection of products with world leading customer experience. People in Berlin can soon order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep at the highest convenience!
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a strong Category Manager to build our assortment, our trading plan (pricing, promotions), build relationships and business plans with our retail partners and manage category performance in Germany.
As our Category Manager you'll be a part of a close knit team working across Germany, referred to as our commercial team and consisting of Inventory, Category and Content.
You’ll have full ownership of category performance across categories. You own the assortment, trading plan and supplier relationships. You will have to work closely with our stores to ensure that we have the right assortment at every location, with our supply chain specialists to ensure that we are always in stock, as well as with our retail partners to ensure we are constantly optimizing our trading performance. You will also work closely with data teams to define and develop all necessary reporting, data models, tools and products to drive category performance in local stores.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Have full ownership of category performance including forecasting, monitoring, reporting on the business, along with contributing to driving projects and trading strategy to achieve business goals.
- Define Wolt Market’s assortment and constantly update it at a store level to meet customer needs and optimize order economics.
- Lead effective negotiations with suppliers to establish joint goals, improve cost structure, and sustainably grow the P&L.
- Influence the design of the categories, as well as contribute to new product groups and improve the customer experience to deliver growth.
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies.
- Work cross-functionally with counterparts across in-stock management, marketing, finance, and retail systems to operate and grow the business.
- Continually improve and automate manual processes to enable you and your team to scale better as the business grows.
Our humble expectations
- Experience in a grocery retail, key account management/consulting environment with a proven track record of delivering results. Experience in category management is a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills and experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Team leadership experience is a strong plus.
- The successful candidate must be highly analytical, self-starting and thrive in a high energy environment.
- Fluency in German and English.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail.
- 4+ years of experience in FMCG
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to: Caroline Sørensen, Talent Acquisition Partner: email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page, and submit your application in English!