Hey, you look like you might be our new Assistant Controller
Are you an experienced finance professional, with a real passion for delivering exceptional service in a collaborative team? Does an Assistant Controller role in a global tech organisation sound like your ideal next opportunity? If so, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Our Finance team has played a key role in this journey - supporting our global operations from their central Helsinki hub has been no easy feat, but this group of dedicated and motivated professionals have made it seem effortless!
As we continue to scale, we’re now looking for an experienced Accounting specialist – Baltics to help us focus on our local accounting efforts in the Baltic area. You will sit with the Country Controller and other local operation teams in Vilnius, Lithuania but also you work directly with the centralised Finance team located in HQ in Helsinki. The Assistant Controller – Baltics is responsible for local compliance and reporting for selected entities, but the role will also include taking initiative to up the local scalable accounting processes, while assisting the local teams with accounting related enquiries, such as payment follow-ups, explanations of reports provided to restaurant partners, debt reconciliations, communication with the vendors, etc.
What makes the Finance team so special is our ‘service first’ approach to the job - we enjoy creating strong communication loops with the wider business, so that bottlenecks are minimised and that things get done quickly and efficiently.
Everybody is accountable for their own workload and takes pride in being meticulous and precise. We also enjoy learning and developing as we go - it’s important that you share this approach!
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage all aspects of Wolt Baltics (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania) Accounting; accurate and timely monthly reporting, annual financial statements and other statutory reporting required in Baltics for selected entities
- Responsible for creating fully reconciled financial position in Wolt Baltics for selected entities
- Take part in the delivery of local and global finance initiatives, financial process implementation and ensuring the compliance on global policies
- Maintain and strengthen the key internal and external relationships including local auditors, authorities and senior management both locally and internationally
- Close cooperation with other local teams in order to ensure local financial matters are supported
- Close cooperation with the R2R (record to report) team – working closely with the GL accountants, AP, AR specialist on daily tasks
- Responsible for travel related regulation compliance in Baltic entities and follow up communication to the local team/collaboration with HR team
- Supporting the Country Controller in any other ad hoc tasks if needed
Our humble expectations
- Good experience with local statutory accounting- and tax compliance
- Solid background in relevant bookkeeping or accounting roles, preferably from a multinational company
- Masters degree in accounting or CPA / ACCA, or equivalent experience
- Experience with IFRS is an advantage
- Demonstrable experience of autonomous problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable in undertaking both hands-on daily tasks as well as impacting bigger picture projects and roadmaps
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Prior experience in NetSuite is an advantage
- Fluent in local language and English, both spoken and written
- Must be able to be based in Vilnius/ Hybrid work possible (flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote work)
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Kalle Sundell, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!