Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or to the office. We’re one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, with our Legal & Public Policy team of 25+ experts having a crucial role in ensuring that the business can continue to grow while maintaining compliance.
Wolt is now hiring a new legal superstar to join our Legal & Public Policy team and to take ownership of legal matters within our advertising and marketing space. In this role, you will provide legal support to Wolt’s developing Ads business and advise central and local teams on marketing and user acquisition related topics. You’re expected to be both a regulatory expert when it comes to topics such as GDPR compliance and consumer protection within digital advertising and a trusted advisor in negotiating commercial contracts for media sourcing and advertising services.
We’re looking for someone who can tackle a number of complicated legal issues and understands the Wolt way of doing things – a problem solver and a solution-oriented business enabler. Our ideal team member is flexible and open for change, dynamic and proactively gets things done. We also appreciate quick thinking and a can-do attitude of rolling up one’s sleeves and getting to work, no matter the task.
What you’ll be doing
- As responsible counsel for Ads, you’ll own all legal matters – both regulatory and commercial – for Wolt’s Ads business globally. This is a relatively new business line for Wolt, meaning you’ll get to develop templates and practices.
- You’ll act as the go-to legal advisor for Wolt’s Central Marketing and Brand teams and give guidance and training to our country operations on advertising and IPR related regulations.
- In addition, you’ll give legal support to different Growth Marketing functions and initiatives, be it related to user acquisition, Wolt’s referral program or our Product teams working with recommendations and promotional campaigns.
- You’ll be Wolt’s go-to-expert for advising independently on regulatory questions related to digital advertising, direct marketing, data and content monetization and advertising-related privacy, GDPR compliance and consumer protection topics.
- You’ll also be a trusted advisor in negotiating and drafting commercial agreements within your responsibility areas, proactively taking into account both business aspects and regulatory compliance in your work.
- Relevant stakeholders for this role include central leadership for the Ads business, central functions for Growth Marketing, Wolt’s Product organization, local country operations, and your team members in Wolt’s Legal & Public Policy team.
- In this role, you’ll report to our Director, Legal, New Business Lines.
- You will ideally be based in Helsinki but also other locations within Wolt’s operating countries may be considered.
Our humble expectations
Our humble expectations
- At least a few years of post-graduation legal experience as an in-house counsel and/or from a law firm in an international setting. Depending on the extent of your experience, you’ll be hired either as Legal Counsel or Senior Legal Counsel.
- Master of Laws degree from a reputable university in the EU, or if from outside of the EU, deep knowledge and experience from working with EU laws and regulations is required.
- Solid knowledge of and ability to advise on privacy, GDPR compliance, marketing, commercial contract negotiations and consumer protection related questions within the online advertising space is a must.
- Previous professional exposure to digital platforms, advertising, user acquisition, media sourcing, mobile apps and technology is considered an asset.
- Ability to effectively weigh off between risks and payoffs and consumer experience and compliance in a number of scenarios.
- Experience from working in close cooperation with external law firms and working on and taking ownership of multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Kalle Sundell, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!